Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Nitto Crosstek Reviews ??

43K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  NCGUY 
#1 ·
I'm looking for reviews on the Nitto Crosstek but I haven't had any luck......
Sure would appreciate it if any of you guys have used them and how you like/dislike their preformance.
If you have seen a review on them please let me know where so I can read it

........THANKS

#3 ·
Went ahead today and bought a set of Crossteks 265/75/R18. I guess the reason I couldn't find any reviews was the fact that these Crosstecks were just introduced this past spring. If the ride home of 50 miles is any indication......I made a good choice. very responsive, smooth and whisper quiet. Dealer had a buy 3 and get 1 free so I got 4 mounted and out the door for $750.00
I'll post more info when I have got some miles on them...........Thanks

#5 ·
Nitto Crosstek

Put on a set today. Got them at Big O for $204 ea,plus labor and tax.
P255/70R18

The OEM's tires, Bridgestone Dullers only did 32K.
Will continue to update for all interested. They seem quite so far but that is only a few miles.

#6 ·
I got the Crossteks (275/55-20) about a month ago at Big-Os. Good price at $170 each! Was very hesitant since I couldn't find any reviews.
I replaced the stock Dunlops, which were crap, lasted less than 30K and didn't work well in snow.
First thing I noticed was how responsive the tires were. And they look a lot bigger and better than the Dunlops even though they are the same size.

So far treadwear is great. traction in rain has been awesome (especially compared to the Dunlops) but with all the power the Tundra has, its tough to keep those rear wheels grabbing when you have no extra weight in the bed.
as winter approaches I'll throw some sandbags in the back and see how the tires perform in the snow.
The only drawback has been an approximate 1mpg loss in fuel economy, but I didn't buy a 5.7L to get good mileage, so not so much a problem.

As of now, I am VERY happy with the tires, especially considering the price.
I'll give some feedback about snow when I get the chance.

#7 ·
Crosstek

The junkey bridgestone are gone and i am glad. The Nitto's are quite and very responsive. I have not checked the milage yet but will at christmas time.

So far i am impressed.. The real answer for me will come at 30K miles.

you got a GREAT price at 170, mine were 210

#8 ·
Big-O was having a special on the Nittos so the salesperson was really pushing them (which actually made me even more hesitant, really wanted me to open a BigO credit card too... ugh). I left and came back later that day after doing some more price shopping and couldn't pass on the price.
I was gonna get the Michelin LTX M/S cause I heard/read good things about their highway characteristics while still being very capable in the snow (for me those are the two key criteria). But the Crossteks had such a good price I couldn't resist, plus they look a lot better than the Michelins. And they do ride quiet (not as quiet as the Dunlops, that was their only saving grace).
So now I am just crossing my fingers that the Crossteks handle well in serious snow. And it will be nice if they last more than 30K (I'm hoping for at least 50K, but the way I drive I doubt it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.