DHS Releasing Illegal Immigrants Before Sequester - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM
"Off-Topic Discussion Troll"
Premium Member

Thanked 2,515 Times in 971 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
DHS Releasing Illegal Immigrants Before Sequester

Unbelievable actions by the Department of Homeland Security

DHS releasing illegal immigrants before sequester - WTOP.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A week before mandatory budget cuts go into effect across the government, the Department of Homeland Security has started releasing illegal immigrants being held in immigration jails across the country, Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday.

Gillian Christensen, an ICE spokeswoman, said ICE has reviewed "several hundred cases" of immigrants being held in jails around the country and released them in the last week. They have been "placed on an appropriate, more cost-effective form of supervised release," she said.

Christensen said the agency's "priority for detention remains on serious criminal offenders and other individuals who pose a significant threat to public safety." She did not say how released immigrants were selected or what jails they were released from.

Tuesday's announcement of jail releases is the first tangible impact of the looming budget cuts for DHS.

The Obama administration has been issuing dire warnings about the impact of the sequestration and DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters at the White House Monday that across-the-board cuts would impact the department's core operations, including border security and airport screening operations.

She also warned that DHS might not be able to afford to keep the 34,000 immigration jail beds mandated by Congress. On average last week, there were 30,773 people being held in ICE jails.

"I don't think we can maintain the same level of security at all places around the country with sequester as without sequester," said Napolitano, adding that the impact would be "'like a rolling ball. It will keep growing."

According to the National Immigration Forum, it costs the government about $164 a day to keep an illegal immigrant facing deportation jailed. In a report on immigration detention costs last year the advocacy group said costs for supervised release can range from about 30 cents to $14 a day.

Republicans lawmakers decried the releases Tuesday.

"It's abhorrent that President (Barack) Obama is releasing criminals into our communities to promote his political agenda on sequestration," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte. "By releasing criminal immigrants onto the streets, the Administration is needlessly endangering American lives. It also undermines our efforts to come together with the Administration and reform our nation's immigration laws."

The administration asked for about $1.96 billion for immigration jail operations in the last budget. It amounts to about $5.4 million a day, according to the National Immigration Forum's report.

Christensen said Tuesday that released immigrants will still face deportation proceedings.

2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax LTD 4x4

3D MAXpider Floor Mats, BullyDog WatchDog Monitor, Grillcraft MX Series Upper & Lower Grill Inserts, Hypertech Interceptor Power Tuner, Line-X Bed Liner, Putco Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover, Toyota Billet Chrome Fuel Door, Toyota OEM Bed Extender, Toyota OEM Door Sills, Toyota OEM Large Front Skid Plate, Toyota OEM Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, TRD CAI, TRD Sway Bar, WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

The Following User Says Thank You to BuckNakedBooda For This Useful Post:
4dailyrunner (02-26-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Banned
Premium Member

Thanked 35,824 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Why the hell are we jailing and feeding illegals? Put them on a 1 way bus ticket to.....(wherever they came from) dafuq?

What do you think would happen if you go to another country illegally? They would kick your ass out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
4dailyrunner (02-26-2013), BuckNakedBooda (02-26-2013), EVOL ARDNUT (03-04-2013), JOSH 5.7 (02-27-2013), RIjon (02-26-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
"Missing a Few Liters"
Premium Member

Thanked 8,477 Times in 2,816 Posts
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
The sequestration Bill was signed into law by the President.

Doesn't a signature constitute an agreement?

...and Now, Something completely different...

4DailyRunner
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
2013 CM-LTD 4WD Barcelona Red

WeatherTech Mats, SS-Exhaust Tip, Line-X, ARE Z-series Cap,Charcoal Delete, TRD Drop-in Filter, AVS BugDeflector, AVS Ventvisors
Barcelona Red Tundra Club #11, Tundra-With-A-Cap Club #111, FOX IFP 2.0 (F/R) CB Shackles (+1) & Bushing kit, TRD Sway Bar
The Following User Says Thank You to 4dailyrunner For This Useful Post:
BuckNakedBooda (02-26-2013)
#4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
" Brokeback Breaker"
Premium Member

Thanked 8,946 Times in 4,653 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Garage
Obummer is just expediting their path to citizenship and shoring up votes, he knows what is best for you all so just run with it dammit.

AZTC #1 | BRC #77 |SSC #3
Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ½ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam, UC Swing Cases
My Build Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to 2010 For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-26-2013)
#5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
"Seahawks Hater"
Premium Member

Thanked 4,662 Times in 2,247 Posts
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess I would be glad if I knew someone? I'm sure the released aren't high level security risk, just people trying to make a better life for their families.

However from this article, it sounds irresponsible.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM
"Resident Crackpot"

Thanked 9,601 Times in 4,320 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Why are they releasing illegals that cost $164 p/day?
Why wouldn't they make cuts to bigger things that actually cost us money and have no use,.....like, DHS and TSA as a whole?
It's all a bunch of horseshit.
We tell them they have to make budget cuts and they immediately come out with having to release all the criminals and fire all the doctors and nurses and school teachers and cops.
See what you did? Now all the kids will be sick, homes will burn down, criminals will run rampant in the street,......
I hope you're all happy. Shoulda just let them keep spending

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-26-2013), screaminz2002 (02-26-2013)
#7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM
" Brokeback Breaker"
Premium Member

Garage
Re: DHS Releasing Illegal Immigrants Before Sequester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRzxter View Post
Why are they releasing illegals that cost $164 p/day?
Why wouldn't they make cuts to bigger things that actually cost us money and have no use,.....like, DHS and TSA as a whole?
It's all a bunch of horseshit.
We tell them they have to make budget cuts and they immediately come out with having to release all the criminals and fire all the doctors and nurses and school teachers and cops.
See what you did? Now all the kids will be sick, homes will burn down, criminals will run rampant in the street,......
I hope you're all happy. Shoulda just let them keep spending
And these morons will be running our health care too... way to go liberals.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Smittybilt M1 Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, OME 612 w/ ½ in Spacer, CB +3 Shackles, CB Poly Bushings, OME Extended Rear Shocks, LR UCA’s,
Firestone Airbags w/ On-board Compressor, +35 Ballistic Wizards, 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers, BAMuffler, Clazzios, Grillcraft MX Grille, N-Fab Steps, Dashcam, UC Swing Cases
My Build Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to 2010 For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-26-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned
Premium Member

Thanked 35,824 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrakountry View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess I would be glad if I knew someone? I'm sure the released aren't high level security risk, just people trying to make a better life for their families ILLEGALLY.

However from this article, it sounds irresponsible.
Fixed it for you.

Actually, maybe they got this one right. How much per day are we paying for welfare recipients? Less than $164/day? Oh wait...I get it. Its tricky math. Instead of paying $164/day to incarcerate illegals, we let them out, give them $164/day in free money, and at the same time building the democratic voter base stronger than ever

I dunno
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
2010 (02-26-2013)
#9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
oh hi woodbridge!

errr.. fk obama

2010 RW
NFAB front bumper, LED tails, Recon cabs, LEDs everywhere, custom magnaflow, custom skid plate, K&N filter, linex bed, tint everywhere, 18" rockstars, 33" Terra grapps, Camburg coils, fox piggys, RC 1.5 blocks.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM
" Brokeback Breaker"
Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
Fixed it for you.

Actually, maybe they got this one right. How much per day are we paying for welfare recipients? Less than $164/day? Oh wait...I get it. Its tricky math. Instead of paying $164/day to incarcerate illegals, we let them out, give them $164/day in free money, and at the same time building the democratic voter base stronger than ever

I dunno
EXACTLY!

My Build Thread
#11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM
"Seahawks Hater"
Premium Member

Thanked 4,662 Times in 2,247 Posts
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Check out how much Medicare cost, welfare is chump change compared to that. Your also trying to categorize people.

The next democrat isn't gaining any support from this, as long as republicans keep making laws like sb1070, their gonna be on the sidelines.
#12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM
" Brokeback Breaker"
Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Check out how much Medicare cost, welfare is chump change compared to that. Your also trying to categorize people.

The next democrat isn't gaining any support from this, as long as republicans keep making laws like sb1070, their gonna be on the sidelines.
Not gaining support? You think all the illegals who are given citizenship are going to voir Republican? Common. It's funny that people bag on sb1070 when all it does is enforce the laws that the feeds refuse too... it was also supported by more than 6 of ten voters.

My Build Thread
#13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM

Thanked 1,453 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

In my opinion they are all criminals ie criminals are those who break laws.... therefore every illegal immigrant is a criminal. I know it seems hard to comprehend but breaking a law means you are a criminal... im sure there are other ways to simplify this "tricky" equation, but in the end we will land at the same answer each and every time!

Theres 2 simple ways to become a us citizen (if not already) legally- going through due process and becoming a LEGAL citizen, contributing to taxes paying into wellfare, medicare and all of the likes..
OR illegally - you know the criminal way, hence the term illegally. Taking all the benefits without contributing.

But what do I know!?!

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

I CANT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!

Last edited by krewmaxxed; 02-26-2013 at 07:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krewmaxxed For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-26-2013), E_burns88 (03-05-2013)
#14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I heard this I think I saw it for what it is. Obama and Nappy got a chance to suck up to a certain segment of the population and also try to scare others into quickly dealing with the coming crisis.

I'm quite disappointed in the administration's actions on this.

My son worked on a plumbing project in a DHS holding facility in Florence awhile back. He said the "inmates? had it a lot better than he did as a worker (it was in summer). It was quite an eye opener for him. They even had a covered area for them to play soccer. I'm sure it wasn't a full field though. Let's hope one of the released commits a serious crime to shed some light on this. What ever happened to the gun running investigation?

Yeah, yeah, I know I voted for him, but that does give me pause.
#15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Not to steer the post from topic, but I'm reading a chilling article in Time magazine about health costs and care in this country. In it, it shows that Medicare is actually the most cost effective route to get medical care. So far, the most outlandish practices are in Conn. One of the reasons for this is the goddam lobbying to the pay for hire assholes in congress. It makes me sick. They are beholding to the health care organizations and drug companies much more than the defense industry.

End of rant

Last edited by tempetom; 02-27-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: than not that sorry

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion