Got FKED by ebay user! - Page 4 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #46 (permalink)
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
Premium Member

Gameroom cash: $123976
Thanked 11,365 Times in 4,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
Did you know that Visa and MC, et al, also frown upon merchants charging the customer "fees" for using their card? Some merchants have been doing it for ages.

Of course with all this new legislation or whatever, that's out the window.
They were doing that because of the credit card companies. The card companies offer the customer airline mileage or 5% cash back or whatever incentive to use their card. Well, those incentives get charged to the merchant on top of the fees they get charged for processing credit cards. So it's either raise prices in the store for everyone or just charge the fee to the one customer. Now they are forced to raise prices for everyone thanks to the few who need their "free" airline miles.

All mod descriptions and pictures 2007-2014 by Toxarch. They may be copied only for personal use and the mods may be done for non-profit only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORON #1
Do not mention his name here. He spits on us and talks crap and you're directing people to him from our site? I don't think so. I know you're neutral and that's fine, but please do not mention him here.
Toxarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toxarch For This Useful Post:
dikkie (02-26-2013), wacked (02-26-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

I have to share what happened to my daughter recently. She lives in Scottsdale, AZ and was going over her credit card bill recently and notice several small charges in Ohio. One to McD's and one to WM, and another small one totaling bout $50. She contacted the card company and they said they would remove the charges (that's all). Daughter asked if they would cancel the card, and they said if she wanted them to. She said do it. It almost sounds like companies really don't care. They also asked her if she'd been to Ohio recently and she said not for many years.
tempetom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempetom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #48 (permalink)

Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,106 Posts
I have had my CC number stolen a number of times. I carry a Mastercard and a Discover. THEY contact ME, usually within a couple minutes after noticing and declining a charge that is way outside the normal geographical pattern. They freeze the card FIRST, then call me. And if I confirm it is a fraud charge they cancel the card as a normal matter of procedure. The only thing that is really ever up for discussion is whether I want the new one by standard mail or I want to pay 16 bucks to expedite it. I have actually gotten into the habit of giving both companies a heads up when I go out of town so my card doesn't get cancelled on me. I think there must be some formula they use to raise red flags based on zip code. If I am in the next state over it doesn't happened but if my card is used one day close to home and the next day at a brick and mortar store across the country they freeze it.
"Dude asked me why I bought a Toyota and not a Dodge. I said I used to drive a Dodge, until someone did me a favor and explained to me that the whole front suspension isn't normally supposed to be an annual maintenance item."

Last edited by eharri3; 02-26-2013 at 03:51 PM.
eharri3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eharri3 For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-26-2013), dikkie (02-26-2013), wacked (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
"Thread Killer"
Premium Member

Thanked 10,314 Times in 4,269 Posts
I've never heard of this, and I will stick to my policy. If the card isn't yours, you cant pay with it. It's 2013, get your own damn card!
In the end I have the right to refuse service to anyone and I wont change my policy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
On page 34 of the Visa Merchant agreement (http://usa.visa.com/download/merchan...-merchants.pdf) it states:

Although Visa rules do not preclude merchants from asking for cardholder ID except in the specific circumstances discussed in this guide, merchants cannot make an ID a condition of acceptance. Therefore, merchants cannot as part of their regular card acceptance procedures refuse to complete a purchase transaction because a cardholder refuses to provide ID.

Fry's (and many others) will refuse the transaction, therefore they are in violation of the merchant agreement.

MasterCard has a way to report this violation on their webpage:
Support | Ask MasterCard | Merchant Violations | Customer Service

I have called Visa and American Express several times to report this violation.

The store's response is always, "We are just looking out for you." Well, its not your responsibility. The credit card company has accepted the liability. Their only responsibility is to ensure that the signature on the back of my card matches the signature on the receipt.

If you choose not to sign your card, or put "SEE ID" on the back of your card, YOU are in violation of the cardholder agreement.

I'm not going put put my personal information out there for everyone to see. Fry's has cameras at every register pointing down at the counter.

If you don't like that, you don't get my business.

Can't Spell... Can't Type...
But I'm Going To Post Anyway!
Dragos28 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragos28 For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-26-2013), dikkie (02-26-2013), wacked (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #50 (permalink)

Thanked 1,964 Times in 748 Posts
I always thank the cashier if he/she asks for my ID. It is helping to protect me!

At the liquor store I always hand them my ID with my card, even though I have graying hair and look nothing like a 20 year old.

2010 Silver Sky CrewMax Redrock Platinum
Corsa Exhaust
LED DRLs and Interior

KCCO!

Sleepin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleepin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
"Thread Killer"
Premium Member

Actually, I want this piece of hardware because it would look really cool in place of the coin holder...

But thank you for the much more economical alternative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CrewMaxTRD View Post
Dragos,

If you are looking for a Code Scanner/Sensor Gauge you should look into buying an older used Android phone and a bluetooth OBD2 adapter ($25-30) and install Torque Pro ($5) on the phone. My guess is that it would be cheaper than the setup you linked to plus the OBD2 connection would be wireless and you can fully customize the display (plus it supports multiple displays that you can flip through). Torque also has the ability to perform code scans.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragos28 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #52 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragos28 View Post
I've never heard of this, and I will stick to my policy. If the card isn't yours, you cant pay with it. It's 2013, get your own damn card!
In the end I have the right to refuse service to anyone and I wont change my policy...
That is true. Visa/Mastercard/Amex also will have no problem taking away your merchant account if you violate their policies.

Read your merchant agreement. You received it when you opened your account(s).

You are in no way liable for the charge is the card is fraudulent. That's on the CC company.
2011 Tundra CrewMax Platinum RWD Silver Sky Metallic LazerLite Tonneau Cover MaxTrac 3.5" Lift Spindles Ekstrom Design +3" Shackles & Carrier Bearing Drop American Outlaw Armor 20x9 Charcoal Chrome Wheels Nitto Terra Grappler LT305/55R20 Tires

Last edited by StevenD; 02-26-2013 at 05:15 PM.
StevenD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StevenD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
"Thread Killer"
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
That is true. Visa/Mastercard/Amex also will have no problem taking away your merchant account if you violate their policies.

Read your merchant agreement. You received it when you opened your account(s).

You are in no way liable for the charge is the card is fraudulent. That's on the CC company.
BS

They wouldnt close my account because I asked for the person's ID!
Especially when they pull over 100K yearly in fees... yeah.. not buying it..

dikkie (02-26-2013), wacked (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanked 13,362 Times in 3,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
I have had my CC number stolen a number of times. I carry a Mastercard and a Discover. THEY contact ME, usually within a couple minutes after noticing and declining a charge that is way outside the normal geographical pattern. They freeze the card FIRST, then call me. And if I confirm it is a fraud charge they cancel the card as a normal matter of procedure. The only thing that is really ever up for discussion is whether I want the new one by standard mail or I want to pay 16 bucks to expedite it. I have actually gotten into the habit of giving both companies a heads up when I go out of town so my card doesn't get cancelled on me. I think there must be some formula they use to raise red flags based on zip code. If I am in the next state over it doesn't happened but if my card is used one day close to home and the next day at a brick and mortar store across the country they freeze it.
I received a text today from a Visa card I never use after they declined a $500 charge at the GAP. I called to verify it was fraud and found out I paid for some f**khead's day at an amusement park near L.A. last weekend. They canceled the card and put a new one in the mail.
Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny 5 For This Useful Post:
dikkie (02-28-2013), Mr. Creosote (02-27-2013), wacked (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cereal Killer
Premium Member

Gameroom cash: $107425
Thanked 54,529 Times in 17,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 5 View Post
I received a text today from a Visa card I never use after they declined a $500 charge at the GAP. I called to verify it was fraud and found out I paid for some f**khead's day at an amusement park near L.A. last weekend. They canceled the card and put a new one in the mail.
Correct, you'll need the new card for 6.2L performance parts.
dikkie (02-28-2013), Johnny 5 (02-27-2013), wacked (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
"Thread Killer"
Premium Member

Quote:
Had mine get hacked last november.. someone was buying stuff on dior.com and shoes in ohio... got it cancelled and had the charges dropped.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragos28 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #57 (permalink)

Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,106 Posts
Quote:
I had to stop using credit cards when flying out of Philly International. 2 times in a row I used it for small stuff like food and coffee while I was waiting for a flight. Then while I was away they would call and tell me it was stolen. The first time it was used to buy a few hundred bucks worth of merchandise at the airport Brookstone. The second time it was used online right after I flew out. I believe there is a ring operating out of the airport involving clerks at all the shops. They get a number and either use it to make a purchase at some other airport shop worked by someone they know who will simply enter the number manually from a receipt, or else they give it away to someone who will try to use it elsewhere.
"Dude asked me why I bought a Toyota and not a Dodge. I said I used to drive a Dodge, until someone did me a favor and explained to me that the whole front suspension isn't normally supposed to be an annual maintenance item."

Last edited by eharri3; 02-27-2013 at 09:02 PM.
eharri3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eharri3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
"Thread Killer"
Premium Member

So today i shipped back the espresso machine, shipped back the flasher module, and also received the bacpac touch lcd panel for the go pro. Thankfully, the touch lcd panel works like it should.
Now hopefully i'll get my $$ refunded ASAP so i can buy other stuff for the tundra!

dikkie (02-28-2013), Mr. Creosote (02-27-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 03:10 AM   #59 (permalink)

Re: Got FKED by ebay user!

Make sure you put your tracking number in the case you opened or the buyer doesnt have to refund you anything. I am a very large seller on ebay and know exactly how it all works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2008 Tundra Crewmax Silver Sky. 7" BDS lift, 37"x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 20x9.5 Procomp 5183 Vapors -6 offset 5' backspacing, Color Matched Bumpers & 2010 updated Grille Shell etc... TOO MUCH TO LIST
08tundradude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 08tundradude For This Useful Post:
dikkie (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #60 (permalink)
"Thread Killer"
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08tundradude View Post
Make sure you put your tracking number in the case you opened or the buyer doesnt have to refund you anything. I am a very large seller on ebay and know exactly how it all works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thank you, I will as a precautionary action..
even though EBay sent me the return label & tracking #... but yeah, just to be safe I'll send it today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragos28 For This Useful Post:
dikkie (02-28-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion