Is it me or is today's generation become overly sensitive to everything.*Warning!Rant - Page 8 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#106 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
krewmaxxed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,731
Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,452 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Re: Is it me or is today's generation become overly sensitive to everything.*Warning!

NSFW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDm...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

I CANT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!
krewmaxxed is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to krewmaxxed For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#107 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Premium Member
 
JCv2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Gunshine State
Posts: 42,142
Thanks: 6,384
Thanked 32,162 Times in 13,845 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
lol

I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!
JCv2.0 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to JCv2.0 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#108 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 816 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSOF8L View Post
They are a bunch of whiny ass pussies these days. The person that decided there should be a law against beating the shit out of kids is to blame. I didn't whine or bitch growing up cause my mom or dad woulda beat my ass. Now if you even touch your kid, you're wrong. I carried and pushed that baby out my body! It's mine to beat and mold.
Its sort of funny. I was not the biggest kid in school, but I was close. Even so, I knew that if I got involved in any sort of trouble at school, my stepfather was gonna kick my a$$ first, and ask questions... well, he probably wouldn't even ask questions.

So, while I was well behaved in school, I was also a GREAT target for bullies. They got to look cool by messing with a big kid, and they knew that I would just take it. There was nothing that they could dish out that was going to be worse than a pissed off step father at home.

Once my mom and step father got divorced, THEN I was free to fight back, and then the bullying stopped pretty quickly.

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (02-25-2013), Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#109 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 816 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to agree with many here. When you are a kid, you wish that your parents might be easier on you, and give you more stuff. Later in life, you are thankful that they did not.

I had to laugh about the hard work aspect of this conversation. My girlfriend is repeatedly astounded when she hears me say, "Oh, yeah, I used to work as a ". She can't imagine so many diverse jobs. I started working when was in high school, and have only had two weeks of unemployment (aside from college and grad school) since then.

Here is a partial listing of jobs:
newspaper route
high school janitor
movie theater usher
hospital janitor
pest control tech
hospital orderly
campus security
surveyor
math tutor
electro-mechanical tech
field engineering tech
construction project manager
environmental engineer
nuclear services engineer
graduate student
graduate assistant
physics/math/software tutor
software engineer
automation engineer

I have two little girls, and I do worry that my desire to give them "everything I didn't have" might result in two spoiled brats. I try to resist the urge to coddle them, but it is tough.

Wish me luck!

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013), NightRodeo (02-25-2013)
#110 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
reineduro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Louisiana!
Posts: 783
Thanks: 125
Thanked 405 Times in 276 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
So I'm bored and I surf YouTube. I come across this video in the top spots called "to this day project." In short it's an anti bullying video. I don't condone bullying, hell I was picked on a lot in high school. If you watch the video and read some of the comments I think "WHAT THE ****." Today generation is the "participation award generation." Everyone gets a trophy even if your last place because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Boo fu*king hoo. This is life, life is unfair at times and most everyone gets picked on through out life. The kids now-a-days think the answer is suicide or bring a gun to school. It's pathetic. "I can't take getting picked on". They act like they are the first people in history to be made fun of. Schools have had bullies since the dawn of time. Like I said, I'm not condoning bullying but grow some thicker skin. It's just pathetic what this has come down to with everyone expecting puppy dogs and rainbows. Today's next generation in lack of a better words are becoming a bunch of cry baby pussies! Life can be unfair get over it.

**Off rant lol ;-)

Oh and here, fill this out if I hurt your feelings;

http://kristinachilds.com/pdf/Hurt-Feelings-Report.pdf

lol
I am a teacher and I have come to the conclusion that the generations are the way they are because of two things. first and for most it is all based on how they are raised and secondly the media is a huge impact on our children. It is becoming harder and harder for teachers to do their jobs because kids are not scared any more, and by scared I mean scared of getting in trubble because of the consequence that would follow. In our day we got a whoopin at school and then another once we got home. back then our parents would ask the teacher "what did our kid do?" now days parents ask the teacher "what did you do to my kid." kids are not punished any more for anything and if there are no consequences then how will they ever learn

BLACK TUNDRA CLUB MEMBER 199!
L.T.O.G.M. #18
2013 Black Tundra DC 4x4 Louisiana Edition 5.7L V8 FFV
-2008 KTM XCFW 250
Racing Accomplishments to date:
(2011 1st overall Novice Off Road Cup, 2009 LACC Novice Lites Champion and 2007 SERA 4 stroke C Champion)
GeauxTigers!!!

reineduro is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to reineduro For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Senior Member
 
NOTSOF8L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 252
Thanks: 147
Thanked 344 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onceler View Post
Its sort of funny. I was not the biggest kid in school, but I was close. Even so, I knew that if I got involved in any sort of trouble at school, my stepfather was gonna kick my a$$ first, and ask questions... well, he probably wouldn't even ask questions.

So, while I was well behaved in school, I was also a GREAT target for bullies. They got to look cool by messing with a big kid, and they knew that I would just take it. There was nothing that they could dish out that was going to be worse than a pissed off step father at home.

Once my mom and step father got divorced, THEN I was free to fight back, and then the bullying stopped pretty quickly.
My Mom always told me if I got in a fight, I better win. I tell my daughter the same thing. My husband's infantry so he teaches her to kick ass.

"It's not the size of the blower that matters, it's how you use it" ~me

13 Black CM SR5 Black Tundra Club member #203
04 STI
11 CBR 600RR
NOTSOF8L is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NOTSOF8L For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013), NightRodeo (02-25-2013)
#112 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 816 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSOF8L View Post
My Mom always told me if I got in a fight, I better win. I tell my daughter the same thing. My husband's infantry so he teaches her to kick ass.
My college room mate had gotten the same guidelines from his dad. I sure wish I had! I was told, "if you come to our attention for any reason, your step dad will kick your a$$, mostly because he's an angry drunk."

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#113 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
NOTSOF8L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 252
Thanks: 147
Thanked 344 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onceler View Post
My college room mate had gotten the same guidelines from his dad. I sure wish I had! I was told, "if you come to our attention for any reason, your step dad will kick your a$$, mostly because he's an angry drunk."
I'm a happy drunk so my daughter is lucky. And her stepdad doesn't drink and is young

"It's not the size of the blower that matters, it's how you use it" ~me

13 Black CM SR5 Black Tundra Club member #203
04 STI
11 CBR 600RR
NOTSOF8L is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NOTSOF8L For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#114 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 816 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSOF8L View Post
I'm a happy drunk

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#115 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Banned
Premium Member
 
Bad Dad's Camrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the spiral...
Posts: 21,311
Thanks: 17,937
Thanked 35,824 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Not all kids.

My son gets punished twice if he gets in trouble at school. First, by his karate instructor, which is where he goes after school. Then its my turn when we get home.

Now, he doesn't get in trouble often, but when he does, he gets disciplined or punished... The only time I spank him is if he hurts his sister, or disrespects his mom. Other than that, I don't need to spank him, because he is pretty good at understanding me when I'm being serious with him As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I spanked him, because for the most part, he is a good kid.

His little sister on the other hand, she's out of control She's still a baby, but she needs a little swat on the butt often.

I was a bad kid...from the time I was born I was belted, probably daily, and was grounded for most of my life. Not saying I was raised right or wrong, but I have a different approach with my kids.


On a side note, I've had to send some notes to school with my son, for his teacher, questioning some of the homework assignments. (on a few occasions, she sent homework for stuff they didn't even go over in class). Yeah, homework for kindergarten is a bit ridiculous if you ask me, but whatever. In one of her replies, she said that the homework assignment was a mistake, and it should have been removed from the homework calender last year (glad she knows what homework assignments she is sending home ) She ended the letter by saying it is good to see a parent going over the homework with their kid. (something along those lines) This leads me to believe that some/many of the kids in his class are NOT doing their homework, which is absolutely the parents' fault. That is where it begins folks...having parents not push their kids, even at the age of 5, to complete their assignments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reineduro View Post
I am a teacher and I have come to the conclusion that the generations are the way they are because of two things. first and for most it is all based on how they are raised and secondly the media is a huge impact on our children. It is becoming harder and harder for teachers to do their jobs because kids are not scared any more, and by scared I mean scared of getting in trubble because of the consequence that would follow. In our day we got a whoopin at school and then another once we got home. back then our parents would ask the teacher "what did our kid do?" now days parents ask the teacher "what did you do to my kid." kids are not punished any more for anything and if there are no consequences then how will they ever learn
Bad Dad's Camrys is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013), NightRodeo (02-25-2013)
#116 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 816 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's the ironic thing - I was basically a good kid. Sure, I gave my parents *some* trouble, but in the grand scheme of things, I was pretty tame.

Looking back, I mostly wish that my parents listened more. They weren't bad parents (when I say parents, I mostly mean my mother), but the trauma's that I recall seem to have been made up of what felt like injustices. As if she was under so much stress as a base line, that it was easier to just punish us than it was to try to sort out what REALLY happened. I mean, there were times when I totally broke the rules and got in trouble, but there were times when it was not so cut and dried.

Anyway, I want my kids to know how to work and play hard, and I want them to stand up for themselves, and I hope that they will be honest with me. I hope that I will always have the patience and trust to listen to them, at least to hear them out.

Having two little girls, part of me hopes that they will never get in a fight at all. Of course, as I write that, I am reminded of a day...

My three year old was playing in the yard at my mother's house. We were all there, celebrating my nephew's birthday. Well, one of the boys, a five year old, decided that he wanted the toy that my girl was playing with. So, he simply grabbed it and tried to pry it from her hands. Tried. By the time it all came to my attention, she and her chair had fallen over sideways on the deck, and he was still trying to pry it from her hands, but she was hanging on for all her worth. He was not only a couple of years older, but she was small for her age.

I say I don't want my girls to wind up in fights, but seeing her stand up to him and not give up made me proud, even if it was not rational.

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013), NightRodeo (02-25-2013)
#117 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
 
tridacna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 13,764
Thanks: 5,177
Thanked 23,425 Times in 7,635 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sfafasdfasdf.jpg (105.6 KB, 63 views)

tridacna is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tridacna For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013), NOTSOF8L (02-25-2013)
#118 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Banned
Premium Member
 
Bad Dad's Camrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the spiral...
Posts: 21,311
Thanks: 17,937
Thanked 35,824 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Bad Dad's Camrys is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#119 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
NightRodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stephenville, TX
Posts: 831
Thanks: 1,120
Thanked 1,262 Times in 621 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We go over our daughter's homework with her. We try to make sure she finishes it (she is 6 and in first grade). She does get in trouble some times but for the most part she is a good kid. We do not let her walk all over us and we try to teach her to show respect to her teachers.
Last year when she was in kindergarten a boy picked on her most of the year and one day she finally had enough and she punched him and made him cry. I guess he was not as tough as he though he was. I have to give my daughter credit in showing restraint as long as she did.
I hope that when she is older she is not one of the worthless disrespectful kids that expects every thing handed to her.
Onceler it is hard not to want to spoil your daughters. We may spoil our daughter a little but we dont hand her every thing she wants. When she gets her report card if she did good we will get her some thing to reward her. So far she has been getting straight As.

My boots are broken and my brain is sore
Memory lane up in the head lights
She wrote "call me" in the dirt on the hood of my truck
NightRodeo is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NightRodeo For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
#120 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1,585 Times in 660 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridacna View Post


BOOOOM!!! lol

12 CM Platinum. 12" suspension. 22x14 wheels. 40x15.50 tires
11 BMW Z4 35i (her project...intakes & catless catback...for now)
24.5' SeaRay Sundeck


Old Build Thread: http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...awr-build.html
Punch is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Punch For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-25-2013)
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome