LinkBack Thread Tools
#16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodio View Post
<-- from vegas what are u into... ill let u know the ins and outs of vegas without spending tourist prices
If I can, I'd like to see about shooting somewhere and of course eating great food. Driving some dune buggies would be badass too. I'm down for pretty much anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shooting....go to The GunStore (my sister works there. but idk about discounts)

food is good let me know what ur into well get u set up (where u coming from?? )

dunes go to apex its about 20 mins from anywhere in the strip
#18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Plain or Helli tour over canyon is cool. Otherwise in my opinion everything in the main attraction is what it is. Stick with booze and skanks and you should be fine.
#19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 14,153 Times in 5,462 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Its too bad you aren't going in July, you could go to Death Valley, run up and down the sand dunes until you collapse from heat exhaustion (should take about 5 minutes)

Say "I'm a little fat girl" SAY IT!!
#20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Although heat exhaustion does sound great, I have to use my vacation by Mar 15 which limits things quite a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to E_burns88 For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (01-29-2013)
#21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM

Thanked 3,517 Times in 2,151 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Re: I'm Going to Vegas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_burns88 View Post
I think we're seeing Zarkana in the Aria hotel. Were staying in the Monte Carlo which is right next to it. She's been finding all these deals on groupon and other websites but that buggy thing sounds pretty awesome.
I've heard zarkana is real good!! I live in Vegas for 18 yrs now so its all kind of old to me. But my advice would b if u want to save money go to eat of of the strip, they jack the prices up for the tourist. But check out -5 its a bar in the Monte carlo. But when your out here pm me let me know what u want to do ill c if I can give u some ideas.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 PM

if you need a speed fix,hit the driving experience (richard petty/exotic) there.my buddy works at the one in orlando,they have nascar stock cars and high end luxury sports cars.but they alternate days that they run them.i went for a ride along in a stock car because thats what they were running the day i had to pick him up from work.cheaper to ride along,but i hear they are a blast to drive,my next trip to orlando,i'm going to take the skyline gt-r they just got out for a couple of laps.

Official Tri-State Member #15

2012 Crewmax 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L Silver Sky Metallic - Purchased 5/23/12

2008 DC 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L Blue Streak Metallic - Traded in 5/23/12 with 72,325mi - It was fun while it lasted

15+ years with heavy duty wrenching(95% diesel work)

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

http://www.dimartinomotorsports.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dim...88616001165001 vinnie - formerly of orange county choppers
#23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
"Resident Liberal"
Premium Member

Thanked 18,557 Times in 7,299 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Split Aces and 8's.
Always double down when you have 11 and the dealer is showing 7 or less.

The voices in my head don't like you.

If you are a fan of fat girls, Dave Matthews CD's are better than a ham on a fishing pole.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

2008 RCSB 4.7 TRD Offroad 4x4
The Following User Says Thank You to OkSlim For This Useful Post:
fosterelli (01-31-2013)
#24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM

Thanked 1,515 Times in 710 Posts
Red Rock Canyon is cool...Lake Las Vegas is an awesome resort area...Lake Mead...Grand Canyon...Hoover Dam...etc.

But, before we do all of that life-enriching travel...hit The Mermaid on Fremont St. and get yourself the 52oz plastic football full of whatever drink you want! Best value on the planet...a couple of top-shelf footballs of Crown on the rocks and you won't remember how much money you lost or how you contracted that funky rash.

2012 Ford F350 SRW CCLB Lariat Ultimate FX4 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELSD
2007 Range Rover Supercharged
1970 Ford Torino Cobra 429
SOLD: 2007 CrewMax Limited 5.7L 2WD
#25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM

Been out to Vegas a bunch of times. Cool place but after a few days the Strip kinda gets to much for me. I've taken the heli tour that lands down in the Grand Canyon and lets you get out and explore. Wine/Cheese/Snacks, etc. and then you load back in the heli and take off and tour some more. Very cool trip.

Also Red Rocks which is outside of Vegas (about 25 minutes from the strip) is a very cool place and it contrasts well with all the neon lights you just left behind. There is a one way driving loop with a bunch of pull-offs for you to stop and hike around. Lots of rock climbers to watch.

Fremont Street is a pretty cool thing to see.

Saw the Blue Man Group when they were at the Luxor. Good show - pay extra and get the best seats you can. We were front row center and had a blast!

Good luck and be smart about where you go and what time you go there. I was robbed once there.
#26 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitter Pop View Post
Been out to Vegas a bunch of times. Cool place but after a few days the Strip kinda gets to much for me. I've taken the heli tour that lands down in the Grand Canyon and lets you get out and explore. Wine/Cheese/Snacks, etc. and then you load back in the heli and take off and tour some more. Very cool trip.

Also Red Rocks which is outside of Vegas (about 25 minutes from the strip) is a very cool place and it contrasts well with all the neon lights you just left behind. There is a one way driving loop with a bunch of pull-offs for you to stop and hike around. Lots of rock climbers to watch.

Fremont Street is a pretty cool thing to see.

Saw the Blue Man Group when they were at the Luxor. Good show - pay extra and get the best seats you can. We were front row center and had a blast!

Good luck and be smart about where you go and what time you go there. I was robbed once there.
U got robbed? By gun/knife or didn't no til it was to late? Or did the slots get u?

#27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM
"Rain Maker"
Premium Member

Thanked 14,174 Times in 4,203 Posts
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleds65 View Post
U got robbed? By gun/knife or didn't no til it was to late? Or did the slots get u?

Probably by a woman that just wanted to go have a drink in his room. There going rate is just to walk in the door....not that I know or anything
#28 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,051 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
coke + hookers = cookers. get some cookers on ya.

if yall haven't seen the blue man group it's a fun couple hours. make sure you walk by the bellagio to check out the fountains which come on every 15 or 30 minutes best i recall.

when you go to hoover dam take the hard hat tour and not the regular tour. it's a couple bucks more but worth it.

once you have your hard hat on then you'll be ready for somma dem cookers by gawd!

learn to play craps before you get there and then look for a hot table. too much fun!!

when i go back i'll take Buddah Belly's advise and rent a plane or a helicopter. i've seen helicopters flying in the canyon before but i don't know if planes are allowed to fly in or not. cookers and copters sounds interesting...
#29 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 PM

Oh yeah they have gogo dancers on the tables at the Monte Carlo n planet Hollywood!!!

#30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=doubleds65;993222]U got robbed? By gun/knife or didn't no til it was to late? Or did the slots get u?

We didn't know till the next morning. Like a pair of idiots we left about $5000 worth of rock and ice climbing gear in the vehicle while parked in lot for the Golden Spike where we were sleeping. Golden Spike=CRAZY. That place is just plain sketchy but we had stayed there numerous times before without incident.

Got lazy and only carried up two duffel bags worth of equipment to the room. We were just coming from climbing the walls in Zion and my buddy was heading to the Himalayas (reason for the ice climbing gear in the desert).

Lesson learned. Still love the place. Headed back in a few months.

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion