Proudly churning out graduates with worthless skill-sets since 1995 - Page 6 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#76 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Banned
Premium Member
 
Bad Dad's Camrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the spiral...
Posts: 21,288
Thanks: 17,937
Thanked 35,828 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
.

Last edited by Bad Dad's Camrys; 11-30-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Bad Dad's Camrys is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Hickleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario - North of Toronto
Posts: 7,013
Thanks: 367
Thanked 14,127 Times in 5,442 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
God I hope you are right! There are way too many people breathing my air who I cannot tolerate. Survival of the fittest, natural selection, whatever you wanna call it...please fast forward to the end results asap!
In the end, all the nice people survive.

Say "I'm a little fat girl" SAY IT!!
Hickleberry is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#78 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 817 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Belly View Post
There's no such thing as evolution. All of the different animals types were here, then some of them became extinct. What we have today won't be around forever, some will go extinct, and the ones that are left will remain the same forever. They won't suddenly transform to take advantage of the niche the extinct animals once occupied.
C'mon! Don't be a tease! Your theory sounds much more interesting than Darwin's. Won't you please elaborate? I am particularly interested to hear you extrapolate this backwards through time. You know, to describe the interactions between what we consider modern man and all the various species that have been and gone over the millenia.

I used to imagine what it must have been like to live alongside dinosaurs, then as I grew older, I was told that man and dinosaurs never coexisted in time. But your theory clearly dictates that my childhood musings must have in fact been true. I would dearly LOVE to hear more about it.

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#79 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Hickleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario - North of Toronto
Posts: 7,013
Thanks: 367
Thanked 14,127 Times in 5,442 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onceler View Post
C'mon! Don't be a tease! Your theory sounds much more interesting than Darwin's. Won't you please elaborate? I am particularly interested to hear you extrapolate this backwards through time. You know, to describe the interactions between what we consider modern man and all the various species that have been and gone over the millenia.

I used to imagine what it must have been like to live alongside dinosaurs, then as I grew older, I was told that man and dinosaurs never coexisted in time. But your theory clearly dictates that my childhood musings must have in fact been true. I would dearly LOVE to hear more about it.
Sure, that's easy.

Man and dinosaurs lived in different places, and when man went into the same places as the dinosaurs, they were either eaten or the dinosaurs left them alone to eat something much bigger. It wouldn't make much sense for a dinosaur to eat 1000 humans, when it could just take down one good sized dinosaur. Plus, lots of dinosaurs were herbivores, they wouldn't bother eating people.

I'll turn the question around, maybe you will understand better:
People live in areas with lots of animals which can easily eat them, like lions and tigers, so why haven't they all been eaten?

There are sharks in the water, they can easily eat humans, yet humans swim with sharks. I've seen lots of video of people swimming with sharks, but the sharks prefer to eat fish, and leave the humans alone. Why? Because sharks don't recognize people as food. However, if a guy is on a surf board, from below he looks a lot like a seal, which is shark food, so they get bitten. Strangely, the largest percentage of shark attacks are non-lethal, because the shark realizes the person is not the food they like, and let them go. I'm sure it was the same with dinosaurs.

Any other questions?

Say "I'm a little fat girl" SAY IT!!
Hickleberry is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#80 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Banned
Premium Member
 
Bad Dad's Camrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the spiral...
Posts: 21,288
Thanks: 17,937
Thanked 35,828 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Belly View Post
In the end, all the nice people survive.
That sounds like reverse evolution to me.

You saying the cute little bunny rabbit will outlive all his predators?

Or, the nonproductive human will outlast the productive human?

You're just fukkin around with me, right? Hell, look how nice people in California are, and watch what happens to them when they implode.
Bad Dad's Camrys is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#81 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Hickleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario - North of Toronto
Posts: 7,013
Thanks: 367
Thanked 14,127 Times in 5,442 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
That sounds like reverse evolution to me.

You saying the cute little bunny rabbit will outlive all his predators?

Or, the nonproductive human will outlast the productive human?

You're just fukkin around with me, right? Hell, look how nice people in California are, and watch what happens to them when they implode.
the nice little bunny rabbits were able to outlive the sabre toothed cats. Smilodon probably lived off of deer, yet the nice deer are here, and smilodon is gone.

Say "I'm a little fat girl" SAY IT!!
Hickleberry is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 817 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Belly View Post
Sure, that's easy.

Man and dinosaurs lived in different places, and when man went into the same places as the dinosaurs, they were either eaten or the dinosaurs left them alone to eat something much bigger. It wouldn't make much sense for a dinosaur to eat 1000 humans, when it could just take down one good sized dinosaur. Plus, lots of dinosaurs were herbivores, they wouldn't bother eating people.

I'll turn the question around, maybe you will understand better:
People live in areas with lots of animals which can easily eat them, like lions and tigers, so why haven't they all been eaten?

There are sharks in the water, they can easily eat humans, yet humans swim with sharks. I've seen lots of video of people swimming with sharks, but the sharks prefer to eat fish, and leave the humans alone. Why? Because sharks don't recognize people as food. However, if a guy is on a surf board, from below he looks a lot like a seal, which is shark food, so they get bitten. Strangely, the largest percentage of shark attacks are non-lethal, because the shark realizes the person is not the food they like, and let them go. I'm sure it was the same with dinosaurs.

Any other questions?

More questions? You betcha. But first, back to my original question: I was not wondering of the survivability. As you stated, there are many predators that exist today that can (and sometimes do) kill and eat humans. Luckily, we are smart enough to find ways to work around those dangers.

That being said, if the creatures that we recognize as modern humans existed millions and millions of years ago, why did it take until just the last thousand years or so for us to develop society, industry, art, philosophy, etc?

If the humans that you say coexisted with dinosaurs were precisely like modern humans, then our capacity to think, and our abilities to problem solve, improvise, and understand were the same - why, then, did we not see what we consider to be modern technology springing up in the mesozoic era, for instance?

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#83 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
 
UnCivilEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13,274
Thanks: 9,660
Thanked 27,871 Times in 8,267 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Don't go there... Evolution w/religion talk is off limits.

UnCivilEng is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to UnCivilEng For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#84 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
The Onceler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 644
Thanks: 87
Thanked 817 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnCivilEng View Post
Don't go there... Evolution w/religion talk is off limits.
Nobody HERE is talking about religion. We are talking about history, pre-history, and evolution.

Nothing to see here. Move along...

2010 5.7L SR5 TRD 4x4 DC ==
The Onceler is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to The Onceler For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Rockporter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rockport, Maine
Posts: 1,653
Thanks: 2,980
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,199 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Honesty, I can see a dinosaur sitting down on a recliner in front of the tv set, watching Discovery Channel while snacking on a supersized bag of people. *crunch crunch crunch*
Rockporter is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockporter For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#86 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
 
UnCivilEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13,274
Thanks: 9,660
Thanked 27,871 Times in 8,267 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
lol...


UnCivilEng is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to UnCivilEng For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#87 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM
"Resident Crackpot"
 
RRzxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,824
Thanks: 319
Thanked 9,604 Times in 4,321 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
RRzxter is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012), UnCivilEng (11-28-2012)
#88 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Hickleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario - North of Toronto
Posts: 7,013
Thanks: 367
Thanked 14,127 Times in 5,442 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onceler View Post
More questions? You betcha. But first, back to my original question: I was not wondering of the survivability. As you stated, there are many predators that exist today that can (and sometimes do) kill and eat humans. Luckily, we are smart enough to find ways to work around those dangers.

That being said, if the creatures that we recognize as modern humans existed millions and millions of years ago, why did it take until just the last thousand years or so for us to develop society, industry, art, philosophy, etc?

If the humans that you say coexisted with dinosaurs were precisely like modern humans, then our capacity to think, and our abilities to problem solve, improvise, and understand were the same - why, then, did we not see what we consider to be modern technology springing up in the mesozoic era, for instance?
Probably because they relied on an oral tradition. If you consider the native north american indians were thought to have crossed the bering straight land bridge at the time of the ice age, it begs the question, since they came from Eurasia, why don't they have the same level of technology. Instead of them having all the stuff the Chinese had, they lived in deer skin teepees. Yet strangely, the people to the south, who were the same genetic stock (the Incas and Mayans) were way ahead of them technologically. So why? Because they lacked the written word. The same can be said of the Australian aborigines and many other "primative" cultures around the world. We don't all have the same technology, yet we are all the same genetically speaking.

So there you go, no written language, no culture/writing/technology.

Next question?

Say "I'm a little fat girl" SAY IT!!
Hickleberry is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#89 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
"Resident Crackpot"
 
RRzxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,824
Thanks: 319
Thanked 9,604 Times in 4,321 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
I have a question:

WT holy tap dancin F are you talkin about?
RRzxter is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
#90 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
crzy2bealive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: so cal
Posts: 2,589
Thanks: 38
Thanked 983 Times in 607 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in class right now so I don't have time to read all the responses, but I would just like to say that I was kicked out of the house when I turned 18, worked 2 full time jobs to survive. Went back to city college when shit hit the fan, worked multiple part time jobs to support myself, while completing my associates and bachelors, (starting masters soon)I pay for everything on my own and don't rely on anyone to help me. My truck is paid off and I just landed a bitching job at SpaceX! Working on rockets! All this and I'm only 24, so I dont give a **** about people my age when they complain there parents dont buy them shit. **** them!

Oh and my student loan payments are pennies because I paid for most of education out of pocket.

Venting over.


Last edited by crzy2bealive; 11-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
crzy2bealive is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crzy2bealive For This Useful Post:
AnywhereInTX (11-27-2012), Dobbers (11-28-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-27-2012)
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome