Wassup for the weekend? - Page 53 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #781 (permalink)

Had date night with the woman last night. Getting ready to head out to my sons soccer game, wash the truck, do some indoor and outdoor chores. Tomorrow gonna hang with my kids, do more outdoor chores, some Christmas shopping and who knows what else....

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
NJMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NJMonster For This Useful Post:
BigBlueAZ (11-10-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), Ogtoyfan (11-10-2012), shatto (11-10-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #782 (permalink)
"Resident Liberal"
Premium Member

Thanked 16,831 Times in 6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMonster View Post
Had date night with the woman last night. Getting ready to head out to my sons soccer game, wash the truck, do some indoor and outdoor chores. Tomorrow gonna hang with my kids, do more outdoor chores, some Christmas shopping and who knows what else....

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and how long have you been married?

My oldest daughter who has been married six years and her husband are big on this date night thing. In my opinion they dump their kids too much.

My wife and I had three kids and yes, occasionally we would leave our kids with friends or family so we could go to the movies but we chose to raise a family and that's what we did for the most part. When we went places, we went as a family.

I guess maybe we should have tried that date night thing because right now, it is a toss up on who is gonna be the murder or the suicide.

If you are a fan of fat girls, Dave Matthews CD's are better than a ham on a fishing pole.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

2008 RCSB 4.7 TRD Offroad 4x4
OkSlim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OkSlim For This Useful Post:
BigBlueAZ (11-10-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), IATundraDiver (11-10-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-17-2012), Ogtoyfan (11-10-2012), shatto (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #783 (permalink)
Premium Member

just tinted tail lights

was kind of a pain, not too bad. Not quite as perfect as i would like, few blemishes in 'em. will work for now. I do love the look tho' waaaaay better than the red monsters. thanks for all the advice and help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0432.jpg (194.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0441.jpg (193.1 KB, 17 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IATundraDiver For This Useful Post:
dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-17-2012), Ogtoyfan (11-10-2012), shatto (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #784 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanked 12,805 Times in 4,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and how long have you been married?

My oldest daughter who has been married six years and her husband are big on this date night thing. In my opinion they dump their kids too much.

My wife and I had three kids and yes, occasionally we would leave our kids with friends or family so we could go to the movies but we chose to raise a family and that's what we did for the most part. When we went places, we went as a family.

I guess maybe we should have tried that date night thing because right now, it is a toss up on who is gonna be the murder or the suicide.
Date night is good because you can concentrate on each other more and less on which child you want to kill the most. It also means you can spend. $100 on a nice meal for two instead of an OK meal for five.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Hickleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-17-2012), Ogtoyfan (11-10-2012), shatto (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #785 (permalink)

Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,106 Posts
A new transitional home for homeless vets opened up not far from us and was accepting supply donations. I picked up a few toiletries and other things and carted it over there with a buddy of mine who was 82nd Airborne and put me onto the whole thing.

As I was leaving my wife was on her way out for work. Without clarifying WTF she really was intending to say, she mentioned that she already cut him a check for 50 bucks and she just wanted me to know that. I looked at her and said I didn't know what that was supposed to mean, but two weeks ago I got out of bed on a Sunday morning and walked my damn dog 2 miles in the cold in some event to raise money for rescue dogs that we apparently got about 1000 dollars in pledges for from other people. So although I wasn't planning to go crazy today I was not exactly intending to count pennies either.

So I delivered the stuff with my buddy and we hung out and got a tour of the place then spent the rest of the afternoon drinking at a nearby strip club.
"Dude asked me why I bought a Toyota and not a Dodge. I said I used to drive a Dodge, until someone did me a favor and explained to me that the whole front suspension isn't normally supposed to be an annual maintenance item."

Last edited by eharri3; 11-10-2012 at 07:06 PM.
eharri3 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eharri3 For This Useful Post:
BigRed2007 (11-19-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-11-2012), Ogtoyfan (11-10-2012), shatto (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #786 (permalink)

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
How many ball joints did you go through by the way? I know the dealer just told me I needed set #3 on my 04 Quad Cab when it had 75 thousand miles on it. I got the work done because I could not in good conscious trade in a truck with bad ball joints, then immediately dumped it for the Tundra.
Ball joints are cheap. Even the good ones. Just replace them because the arm doesn't wear out.
Even Amsoil Racing Grease, frequently and liberally injected, couldn't keep them from failing so I went through about one a year, all told.

2006 Tundra replaced a
98 Dakota 3.9 automatic, long bed.
Retired with broken A/C, July 2008.
623,000 miles.
On original engine and transmission.

+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Truth does not need to be 'balanced' and it ain't caused by voting or consensus or polls or yelling louder or silencing someone.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shatto For This Useful Post:
dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-11-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #787 (permalink)
"Resident Liberal"
Premium Member

Thanked 16,831 Times in 6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
A new transitional home for homeless vets opened up not far from us and was accepting supply donations. I picked up a few toiletries and other things and carted it over there with a buddy of mine who was 82nd Airborne and put me onto the whole thing.

As I was leaving my wife was on her way out for work. Without clarifying WTF she really was intending to say, she mentioned that she already cut him a check for 50 bucks and she just wanted me to know that. I looked at her and said I didn't know what that was supposed to mean, but two weeks ago I got out of bed on a Sunday morning and walked my damn dog 2 miles in the cold in some event to raise money for rescue dogs that we apparently got about 1000 dollars in pledges for from other people. So although I wasn't planning to go crazy today I was not exactly intending to count pennies either.

So I delivered the stuff with my buddy and we hung out and got a tour of the place then spent the rest of the afternoon drinking at a nearby strip club.
It's pretty obvious that she is going to have to have an accident in the new house. Make sure you have the authority to pull the plug.

If you are a fan of fat girls, Dave Matthews CD's are better than a ham on a fishing pole.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

2008 RCSB 4.7 TRD Offroad 4x4
OkSlim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OkSlim For This Useful Post:
BigRed2007 (11-19-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-11-2012), shatto (11-12-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #788 (permalink)
Cereal Killer
Premium Member

Gameroom cash: $107430
Thanked 54,532 Times in 17,465 Posts
People tend to trivialize things that have no immediate impact upon themselves. Unfortunately this includes vets and the sacrifices they made for all of us. The wars were a long time ago and/or a long ways away, so we only pay attention to who gets eliminated on American Idol this week instead. Like I posted a couple days back, the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
BigRed2007 (11-19-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), shatto (11-12-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #789 (permalink)
Premium Member

I finally installed the new toilet, it's been sitting in a corner for a couple of weeks, but I had to take care of the dishwasher first. I bought a new dishwasher, installed it, then it leaked, then took it back to the store, got a new one and installed it. NO leaks thankfully.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-11-2012), shatto (11-12-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #790 (permalink)

Thanked 1,671 Times in 761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Belly View Post
I finally installed the new toilet, it's been sitting in a corner for a couple of weeks, but I had to take care of the dishwasher first. I bought a new dishwasher, installed it, then it leaked, then took it back to the store, got a new one and installed it. NO leaks thankfully.
I have to kick my dishwasher in the ass 2-3 times a week to get her to work......
33" Fierce Attitude M/T
Husky Weather Beaters
Soft Tonno Cover
jerryvt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jerryvt09 For This Useful Post:
BigRed2007 (11-19-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-11-2012), NightRodeo (11-11-2012), shatto (11-12-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #791 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thanked 1,259 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryvt09 View Post
I have to kick my dishwasher in the ass 2-3 times a week to get her to work......
That is funny.
NightRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NightRodeo For This Useful Post:
dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-11-2012), shatto (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #792 (permalink)

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Creosote View Post
People tend to trivialize things that have no immediate impact upon themselves. Unfortunately this includes vets and the sacrifices they made for all of us. The wars were a long time ago and/or a long ways away, so we only pay attention to who gets eliminated on American Idol this week instead. Like I posted a couple days back, the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
Or we could say that our prosperity has given us the time to indulge in triviality.

Each of us who has served, and the vast majority were never near combat, no matter how memories might make what we did seem inconsequential, all were an important part of the whole, like those who simply go to work to support themselves and their families, all are still part of the fabric of America, the ones who make it work. Doing that makes you a 'giver' and that is what gives hope for the continued blessings of being an American.

2006 Tundra replaced a
98 Dakota 3.9 automatic, long bed.
Retired with broken A/C, July 2008.
623,000 miles.
On original engine and transmission.

+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Truth does not need to be 'balanced' and it ain't caused by voting or consensus or polls or yelling louder or silencing someone.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shatto For This Useful Post:
BigRed2007 (11-19-2012), dikkie (11-12-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-12-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #793 (permalink)

Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,106 Posts
Back to the parents' house again. More computer problems. The damn thing refuses to shut down and is giving weird error messages. I am sure part of it is that it is approaching the end of its shelf life, and also sure that my Dad does not help matters by doing things that you're not supposed to do to it when it gives him trouble. I am supremely irritated at my aunt. She took my dad, who is not very computer savvy, shopping a couple months ago. Without consulting my Mom or anybody else, she convinced him on a whim to pour 600 bucks into a Windows laptop that he really doesn't need and does not know how to use yet. Not only do we consider it rude that she encouraged him to blow that money, but I am pissed that he blew it on another worthless machine that will last for about 4 or 5 years and then start messing up. Had she pointed him towards a MAC desktop instead I probably wouldn't be having to spend Saturday afternoons f$#ing with their stupid computer anymore but she is an idiot and does not always make great decisions when it comes to money and big ticket items.

They think I am a computer genius when all I really do is sit there and google different error messages and symptoms on my droid then try whatever trouble-shooting techniques I can find in the tech message boards.
"Dude asked me why I bought a Toyota and not a Dodge. I said I used to drive a Dodge, until someone did me a favor and explained to me that the whole front suspension isn't normally supposed to be an annual maintenance item."

Last edited by eharri3; 11-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.
eharri3 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eharri3 For This Useful Post:
dikkie (11-19-2012), Mr. Creosote (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #794 (permalink)

Thanked 10,689 Times in 2,828 Posts
That is called problem solving and you be surprise how few people have the necessary skills to successfully problem solve.

I'm sitting at the Hyundai dealer getting my free oil change (I brought my own synthetic). I now know why I do my own oil changes...been here an hour and I could have had it done in 30 minutes at home. I don't know how people afford to waste the time waiting for crap like this.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Dim Sum is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dim Sum For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #795 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim Sum View Post
That is called problem solving and you be surprise how few people have the necessary skills to successfully problem solve.

I'm sitting at the Hyundai dealer getting my free oil change (I brought my own synthetic). I now know why I do my own oil changes...been here an hour and I could have had it done in 30 minutes at home. I don't know how people afford to waste the time waiting for crap like this.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Dealerships purposely take more time, because they know you will get bored and start looking at cars. I have heard many stories of people going in for routine maintenance and walking out with a new car.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hickleberry For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion