Guns & Ammo - Page 61 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #901 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This post is more of a "tag" but ill add a little to it.

I've been called a gun nut before but most "people" i know have larger collections than mine. I actively shoot USPSA, IDPA and love a round or two of clays with friends. I reload on a Dillon 650. Got a safe with a buch of stuff in it and a couple of them expensive stamps to boot. Its safe to say i support the 2nd amendment.
Pizzim is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pizzim For This Useful Post:
Big Shasta (12-10-2012), Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
YoungGuns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: OKLAHOMA
Posts: 353
Thanks: 424
Thanked 497 Times in 210 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A few of my favorites...

FS2000 and FNP 45 Tactical







S&W Performance Center .44 mag Hunter



My son shooting his H&K 416 .22 (VERY fun to shoot!)

YoungGuns is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to YoungGuns For This Useful Post:
Big Shasta (12-12-2012), JCv2.1 (12-10-2012), Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012), shatto (12-20-2012), stroked383z (12-10-2012)
post #903 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Big Shasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Panama City Beach, Florida
Posts: 4,363
Thanks: 1,399
Thanked 5,250 Times in 2,399 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
What does everyone do for insurance coverage for their collection? I have USAA for my homeowners and they only cover 2500 for guns. I got a quote for a rider from them and it was ~180 a year for 5K coverage. I need at least 10K of replacement cost coverage. I had her quote it but I forget what it cost.

I ended up going though the NRA (I'm a life member) and got 10K of replacement coverage for 125.00 a year. I thought it was a good deal. I have a Liberty safe that was about 2500.00 but you never know. I'd hate to lose that much money in weapons.

- I'm Ken and I approve this message -

2012 Black SR5 DC 5.7 - A couple upgrades....
Details in My Garage
Big Shasta is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012), shatto (12-20-2012)
post #904 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New England (not as good as the Old England)
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 267 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shasta View Post
What does everyone do for insurance coverage for their collection? I have USAA for my homeowners and they only cover 2500 for guns. I got a quote for a rider from them and it was ~180 a year for 5K coverage. I need at least 10K of replacement cost coverage. I had her quote it but I forget what it cost.

I ended up going though the NRA (I'm a life member) and got 10K of replacement coverage for 125.00 a year. I thought it was a good deal. I have a Liberty safe that was about 2500.00 but you never know. I'd hate to lose that much money in weapons.
I'm also an NRA member and was considering their insurance (I keep getting mailings about it). But, like you, I have two relatively large, expensive, heavy-duty safes (A Cannon and a Stack-On), which are bolted to the concrete floor of my basement 'man-cave'. You'd have to spend time drilling to get into them (if you don't know the combination), and it would take a few guys to even lift each safe and its contents (and did I mention it's bolted to the floor).

So, I forewent the premium associated with insurance and am simply relying on the safes' size/weight/theft-difficulty as a deterrent. I have about $25K in guns/accessories in my safes (but don't tell my wife that ). If I had $100K in them, I might consider insuring them.

'I like my women a little on the trashy side" - Georgia Satellites.

______________________________
2012 Tundra Double Cab 4X4 in Silver Sky Metallic
> TRD Off-Road, SR5, and Tow packages
> Westin Step Bars, BakFlip G2 tonneau, K&N air filter, Optima Yellow Top
Aqualung is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aqualung For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012), shatto (12-20-2012)
post #905 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
"Rain Maker"
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,331
Thanks: 29,871
Thanked 14,163 Times in 4,194 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My final in speech class is going to be a debate. We are going to debate on the second amendment. I am going with no change. Finding interesting stuff. Let me know if you have any articles you want me to read or use.

Main thing I have found, it doesn't matter what the gun laws are because criminals don't fallow them anyways....you should be able to protect yourself from them because they will carry guns regardless.

any help appreciated
06dblecab is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 06dblecab For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012), shatto (12-20-2012)
post #906 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New England (not as good as the Old England)
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 267 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dblecab View Post
My final in speech class is going to be a debate. We are going to debate on the second amendment. I am going with no change. Finding interesting stuff. Let me know if you have any articles you want me to read or use.

Main thing I have found, it doesn't matter what the gun laws are because criminals don't fallow them anyways....you should be able to protect yourself from them because they will carry guns regardless.

any help appreciated
You should join the NRA. You will find much information not only about the Second Amendment, but also information about the consequences to our country if our Second Amendment rights are taken away.

We (gun owners and Second Amendment supporters) have fought a long war against the anti-Second Amendment / anti-gun, lobby, and have won many battles (e.g., the recent win in Illinois regarding the overturning of the ban on carry-concealed).

And, as you pointed out, criminals do not follow the laws anyway. So, in my opinion, the anti-gun crowd is simply trying to enlarge the government-as-overlord of legitimate, law-abiding citizens.

'I like my women a little on the trashy side" - Georgia Satellites.

______________________________
2012 Tundra Double Cab 4X4 in Silver Sky Metallic
> TRD Off-Road, SR5, and Tow packages
> Westin Step Bars, BakFlip G2 tonneau, K&N air filter, Optima Yellow Top
Aqualung is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aqualung For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012), shatto (12-20-2012)
post #907 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
"Rain Maker"
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,331
Thanks: 29,871
Thanked 14,163 Times in 4,194 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have multiple artricles about areas that have made strict guns laws and crime went up, the DC area.
I also have murder rates for the Us, Mexico and Canada. Mexico, all guns are illegal and the murder rates are super high, and Canada have stricter guns laws and one is higher than us and one is lower. This shows it doesn't matter what the laws are.
I only own two shotguns for hunting dove and will not buy anymore so no need to join NRA for me.
06dblecab is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 06dblecab For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #908 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
SouthFLoridaCrewMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 578
Thanks: 45
Thanked 816 Times in 401 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dblecab View Post
I have multiple artricles about areas that have made strict guns laws and crime went up, the DC area.
I also have murder rates for the Us, Mexico and Canada. Mexico, all guns are illegal and the murder rates are super high, and Canada have stricter guns laws and one is higher than us and one is lower. This shows it doesn't matter what the laws are.
I only own two shotguns for hunting dove and will not buy anymore so no need to join NRA for me.
Anyone that cares about owning any gun needs to join the NRA.

SouthFLoridaCrewMax is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthFLoridaCrewMax For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #909 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM
"Rain Maker"
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,331
Thanks: 29,871
Thanked 14,163 Times in 4,194 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I don't care about owning guns. I have never bought one and never will. I have two shotguns that nobody knows about because you don't have to register them. This for a debate in class.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
06dblecab is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 06dblecab For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #910 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New England (not as good as the Old England)
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 267 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dblecab View Post
I don't care about owning guns. I have never bought one and never will. I have two shotguns that nobody knows about because you don't have to register them. This for a debate in class.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
If you don't care about owning guns, why do you have the two that you have? Don't you "own" them, if you "have" them? Or are they someone else's?

Anyway...not trying to 'yank your chain'. I just hope you clean those guns periodically.

'I like my women a little on the trashy side" - Georgia Satellites.

______________________________
2012 Tundra Double Cab 4X4 in Silver Sky Metallic
> TRD Off-Road, SR5, and Tow packages
> Westin Step Bars, BakFlip G2 tonneau, K&N air filter, Optima Yellow Top
Aqualung is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Aqualung For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #911 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
"Rain Maker"
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,331
Thanks: 29,871
Thanked 14,163 Times in 4,194 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I got the guns when my grandpa died. He taught me how to shot with them. I would hunt with him but I haven't since he died. There only value is sentimental to me. They will probably never be loaded again
06dblecab is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 06dblecab For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #912 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Big Shasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Panama City Beach, Florida
Posts: 4,363
Thanks: 1,399
Thanked 5,250 Times in 2,399 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
I'm also an NRA member and was considering their insurance (I keep getting mailings about it). But, like you, I have two relatively large, expensive, heavy-duty safes (A Cannon and a Stack-On), which are bolted to the concrete floor of my basement 'man-cave'. You'd have to spend time drilling to get into them (if you don't know the combination), and it would take a few guys to even lift each safe and its contents (and did I mention it's bolted to the floor).

So, I forewent the premium associated with insurance and am simply relying on the safes' size/weight/theft-difficulty as a deterrent. I have about $25K in guns/accessories in my safes (but don't tell my wife that ). If I had $100K in them, I might consider insuring them.
I have a top of the line liberty safe, arguably one of the better safes for theft protection. But think about it, a gas powered metal chop saw and the sides (or event the front bolts) are toast. If they want in it, they'll get in it. If I were you, I'd have insurance for an investment that big.

- I'm Ken and I approve this message -

2012 Black SR5 DC 5.7 - A couple upgrades....
Details in My Garage
Big Shasta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #913 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New England (not as good as the Old England)
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 267 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shasta View Post
But think about it, a gas powered metal chop saw and the sides (or event the front bolts) are toast. If they want in it, they'll get in it. If I were you, I'd have insurance for an investment that big.
Some points of consideration:
1) Not all common burglers carry around a "gas powered metal chop saw".
2) It would still take quite a bit of time to saw your way into my safes, if you could even do it, without alerting my neighbors or my security monitoring service.
3) You would have to know that I have the safes and that they contain guns.
4) I live in a relatively low crime area. Most of my neighbors are stay-at-home, retired folks who are very good at identifying 'suspicious activity' (at times, over-zealously - it seems they all want to know everyone's business).

But, I appreciate your concern.

'I like my women a little on the trashy side" - Georgia Satellites.

______________________________
2012 Tundra Double Cab 4X4 in Silver Sky Metallic
> TRD Off-Road, SR5, and Tow packages
> Westin Step Bars, BakFlip G2 tonneau, K&N air filter, Optima Yellow Top
Aqualung is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Aqualung For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #914 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
AnywhereInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sad Town, OK
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 517
Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,135 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
I recently picked up a safe, though I may not have a large amount of money invested in my collection, it is still a decent chunk of change. I still insured mine because if a theif comes into my house, a gun safe is pretty good thing to attempt to steal. My logic is since someone spent the money to buy one, he must have something in their worth stealing.

- AnywhereInTX
SOLD: 2010 DC 4x4 4.6L

NEW: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
4x4 Crew Cab EcoDiesel

2015 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
6.4L V8, 485 HP/475 LBS TQ
AnywhereInTX is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnywhereInTX For This Useful Post:
Big Shasta (12-24-2012), Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
post #915 of 2897 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
AnywhereInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sad Town, OK
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 517
Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,135 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage


Sold one of my subcompact .45s at a guns how today so I can justify my latest purchase. Finally stepped into a glock. See how this goes.

- AnywhereInTX
SOLD: 2010 DC 4x4 4.6L

NEW: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
4x4 Crew Cab EcoDiesel

2015 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
6.4L V8, 485 HP/475 LBS TQ
AnywhereInTX is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AnywhereInTX For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome