Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Love my '15 CM Magnetic Grey TRD

815 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MetalMonkey 
#1 ·
Hey there. Brand new member here. My tundra's build date is 07/15/15. I purchased it new on 08/15/15 and have put over 40,000 miles on it so far. It's the first new vehicle I have ever owned and by far the best! My kids named it the grey whale and the whole family loves it. The first week I owned it I got a spray on bedliner, undercover flex, weather tech mats, and side steps. Haven't done anything else except drive it. Now after almost 2 years, I'm thinking of getting rid of the tonneau cover and upgrading to an A.R.E. Z series camper with roof basket. These pics are from the day I brought it home. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
A couple shots from today. I removed the TRD Off Road stickers the first week. Didnt really care if other people know it's a 4x4 (people ask all the time if it is). I also added the billet chrome grille thingy that first week too. I thought it helped give it the 'grey whale' look. Someday I'd like to get either a TRD Pro grille or an aftermarket LED one, IDK? Cheers!

Attachments

#7 ·
Added a modified basket over the tonneau today. Just temporary until I can get the ARE z camper shell. We're taking the grey whale on a wheeling/business/camping trip this weekend (I'll post pics of the wheeling but remember this rig is stock!). I got up in it and bounced around, seems fairly solid. Don't try this at home, folks.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I know I said I'd post pics of wheeling this thing, but it really wasn't that exciting. I'm pushing 40 and I'm just not as hardcore as I was in my teens and early 20's, LOL. I've got old beater 4x4's for real off-road trips, so not about to trash my Tundra. I drive the ship out of this thing though, takes me and the fam all over God's country!

Attachments

#9 ·
Almost 80k miles in 3 years, absolutely no problems with thing. Finally got a TRD Pro grille. Scored it on CL but it came with a chrome surround and bulge. Sanded and painted over the chrome, paint came out pretty good but the clear coat isn’t perfect in certain lighting. Next will be dipping the bumper caps and possibly the badges too. Cheers!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.