Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New XP owner from SC

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Tomc843 
#1 ·
Just bought a new 2016 SR5 XP edition 4x4 in Sunset Bronze.
I never knew more than the basic about Tundras, drove a basic one for work a while back. Went car shopping Saturday and when I saw the only Bronze truck on the lot also had some cool wheels that were different i was sold. Who wants their 40k+ truck to look like every body else. What have X series owners done to the trucks that is not over the top.

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome. I picked up 2017 4WD XP SR5 3 weeks ago.

One thing I discovered and will point out (while quietly shaming Toyota). The aftermarket XP package wheels come with their own unique wheel lugs. To that end Toyota generously gives you (in the glove box for me) a 3/4" deep socket, 3/8" drive. The sales guy just noted to me that it was in the glove box. Well, before embarking on my first over-the-road trip last weekend I checked the tire change tool kit. YUP. Not a damn thing in there to drive the 3/8" drive wheel lug socket. So I would be dead on the side of the road with no way to pull a wheel if I hadn't checked. Fortunately I had a spare 3/8" drive breaker bar and short extension (which is necessary to actually clear the tire to rotate the breaker bar). Shame shame on Toyota for not coaching the new owner to this short coming. And really they should provide the breaker bar & extension or a suitable alternative.

Otherwise welcome to the Tundra and this great forum. Bookoos of info here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.