Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Howdy from Austin

418 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RCSB57 
#1 ·
Last month I bought a 2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Short Bed 5.7. I bought it to haul around my sailboat.

I have been looking for a Regular Cab Short Bed for a while. I really wanted that body style.

I am a bit disappointment that it does not have the towing package. It seems like the sport appearance package and towing package are mutually exclusive. I plan on some towing upgrades.

I bought it knowing it needs a little work, just because I wanted that body style.

It needed new tires, new brakes, new shocks, and towing upgrades.

I have already upgraded the brakes with new powerstop rotors, ebc green stuff brake pads, and stop tech brake lines.

I am planning to install an old man EMU suspension kit and some larger 275/70R17 tires on alloy rims.

Here is my truck as-is when I bought it.

Cheers,
Ken

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes. I really like the regular cab short bed.

I don't need a crew cab. I don't need a family truck. 99% of the time it it just me.

I don't really need an 8 ft bed either. 6 foot is plenty.

The short overall length makes it easy to drive and easy to park. At work I have to park in a multi-level parking garage. The RCSB turns on a dime.

I was going to buy a Tacoma. But I was not too impressed with the V6 motor. I like having the capability of a full-size truck with the 5.7L V8. :)

Too bad they don't make RCSB Tundras them anymore. It would be nice if they made a TRD PRO with a regular cab and short bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.