Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New member from the Titan World!!

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  CincyCrewMax 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just joined the forum after picking up my 2011 TRD Off Road double cab last week. She's got 57000 miles, really impressive truck so far. Strong 5.7 motor, just wants to pull!!

Old truck was a 2004 Nissan Titan crew cab. Owned it for 4 years, bought with 101k on it and sold it with 145k. Loved the truck and said if I ever replaced it, it would be another Titan, a tundra or ecoboost. My titan had some work done to it, headers, tune, leveling kit. Looked at newer titans, but hard to find what I wanted for what I wanted to spend, found the tundra for a fair price (trucks are crazy expensive around here right now). So far really happy and am enjoying driving it, gonna take a little time adjusting to the double cab for the kids, but it'll work. Couple pics attached, luckily I sold my titan to a buddy so I can at least see it once in a while lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from NH!
I bought an '04 Titan LECC new, drove it ten years, then replaced it with a Tundra.
It was a very good truck, but required constant vigilance.
Best luck with your Tundra.

Reactions: rptipton and kmr481
#4 ·
Welcome from a former Rochester NY'er (Irondequoit)

Reactions: kmr481
#8 ·
my '05 Titan literally broke down in the Toyota dealer parking lot (rear blew on the way) while I was buying a Camry for my employer...sales manager made me a sweetheart deal to trade it in on the spot, problem is he never drove it>:D

That was early '07....lol

Congrats and welcome you will not regret it!

Reactions: kmr481
#14 ·
Definitely crossed my mind, but for 2016 all they're offering is the diesel from what I hear and definitely will be 45-50k and I'm sure with little to no rebates for the 1st year. I don't know that they're actually close to hitting the lots anyways, you would think they'd be marketing the hell out of it by now, and nothin.

#15 ·
I would love to hear from fellow Titan Owners...I have a Double Cab Tundra - Love It BUT I need a Crewmax now w/child seats, its way too tight. They are impossible to find reasonably priced though. {Hate to admit} I have been looking at some used Titans..and for around $25k I can find a loaded Crewcab Titan..leather Sunroof...etc..and the comparable Limited Tundra are still running over 35k. Im just curious about long term reliability as I see great reviews and horrible reviews...like anything!

#16 ·
Loved my titan cc. Things to look out for
-rear diff breather getting blocked causing seal failure, fluid leak and then boom (easy fix for around $35)

-cracked exhaust manifolds ok if you're under the federal emissions warranty, if not it's long tune header time cuz replacement manifolds will just crack again

-had an issue withdoor handles freezing in 20 or below weather, replaced all 4 actuators and all was good

Luckily I did the rear diff breather mod before any damage occured (that was over 100k miles), they may have fixed the manifold issue by now, my titan was an 04 (first year) everybody says 08 and up you should be ok, they upsized the brakes and supposedly fixed the other common issues from the 04 to 07's. Can't really complain, all the regular maintenance items (wheel bearings, tie rod ends, ball joints etc) lasted well over 100k. Don't expect to get much over 13 mpg on average,I was down in the 9 to 10 range this past winter. Plenty of power and will tow 10k with the 3.36 rear end. They're bound to have some really good incentives with the redesigned 16 coming out. I bought a double cab tundra, but my 2 year old daughter is the only one in a car seat and it's not our primary family car. Good luck, keep us posted.

#27 · (Edited)
I had a 2004 Titan LE Crew Cab and a 2011 Titan Pro4X Crew Cab. The Crew Max on the Tundra is bigger...A Lot. I have a 2014 Tundra Crew Max and I have 2 car seats and there is enough room with the seats right that the kids can't kick the back seat. They are 6 and 3. Never had issues with my Titans FWIW.

EDIT: The only thing that I was concerned about was the TEATHER attachment for the strap that attaches to the top of the Kids car seat to the actual top of the trucks seat. I didn't attach it. I sat in the kids car seat, attached to the TEATHER on the base of the truck seat and pull the side straps tight. The kids seats do not budge at all.

Attachments

#28 ·
awesome! that picture is worth a 1000 words lol..seriously, our car seat is just like that and touches the front seats unless we scoot into the dash on my Doublecab!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.