Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Intro Post!

555 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Kdto 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I hope to join the Tundra Family real soon. My dad just picked up his 2015 Tundra CM this past weekend. I soon hope to pick mine up within this week.

I am still unsure of which model to get, I've been doing lots of research and I think I have narrowed it down to an SR5 CM 4x4 5.7L nothing else so I can start with a fresh canvas. Please feel free to add any comments or suggestions being I will be coming from a Scion TC to a truck. I am a super newbie when it comes to all the terminology.

Thanks again!

#2 ·
It all comes down to what you want. I wanted some options that I could only get on the Platinum but really wanted the look of the TRD PRO(basically the old school grill). So I went with the Platinum and started swapping parts. I'm sure some people will be like "huh"? But I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. So don't rush it! Figure out what you have to have and stuff the isn't important. That should make the decision a little easier anyway. Welcome from NC and good luck with your decision/search

#3 ·
Hey Pale Silverback,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah I've been narrowing it down to what I am actually going to use it for and and looking around for the options I will need. Thank you for the suggestion and advice. Hope to show everyone what I will be driving home soon.

Take care

#4 ·
If you are a young buck (who doesn't need heated seat, etc.) who is going to swap out everything, get an SR5. Me? My next truck is going to have all those things. My not-so-young back could really use those things, haha.

#6 ·
Preach on Kdto! I was formerly a young buck but that to has come to pass! I wanted the heated/ventilated seats, so I went with the Platinum(if the color interior on the 1794 was Red Rock I wouldn't jumped on that instead). But I'm swapping everything out anyway! I never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box!

#10 ·
I'm so happy and excited!

I drove home my new 2015 Tundra Crewmax SR5 5.7L from the dealer! She rides like a dream. I can't wait to slowly build her up. I will post pictures when I get a chance to take some when it is nice outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.