Should I buy this 2010 CM Limited?? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Junior Member
 
koma74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pimmit Hills Va. not by choice!!
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
is this blacked out 2010 CM Limited worth it??

Hello all,

I just signed up hoping to someday graduate from a Tacoma boy to a Tundra MAN!!

I have a friend selling this Tundra and offered me first dibs...here are the specs:
- 2010 Tundra Limited Crewmax 4WD
- Satellite Radio
- CAI
- Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 305/55/R20 on KMC DC rims
- BHLM with some added projection lights
- Rear Sway bar (not sure if it was part of limited pkg)
- Viper alarm with remote start
- retractable hide away power running boards
- Tonneau cover with hydraulic lift and LED light
- Bed rug
- 20% Tint
- leveling kit
- 30,000 miles
He is out of town and left his truck in my driveway so all the additions and mods are just what I see. There could be more. Anywho he offered it to me for $32000. What do you guys think?? Is this a good deal?


Thanks, Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020656.jpg (131.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg P1020657.jpg (123.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg P1020658.jpg (122.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg P1020659.jpg (127.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg P1020660.jpg (119.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg P1020661.jpg (128.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg P1020662.jpg (119.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg P1020663.jpg (86.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg P1020664.jpg (74.1 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by koma74; 01-17-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: adding pics
koma74 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to koma74 For This Useful Post:
Asian Dave (01-17-2013), BuckNakedBooda (01-17-2013), Swampthing (01-16-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Swampthing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Swampland
Posts: 489
Thanks: 146
Thanked 626 Times in 313 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems pricey for a bro deal. IDK, I would buy new and build your own. Thats just me though, you are looking at $32K and you can easily get a new ride with zero miles. Fresh out of the oven!
Swampthing is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Asian Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: So. CA
Posts: 1,599
Thanks: 1,560
Thanked 1,302 Times in 676 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I don't think you can find a new Limited for $32K. Maybe after the redesigned version comes out.

How quickly does he have to sell it? See if you can wait a few months to find out if the new Tundra comes out in 14' or 15'.

If you like the new Tundra, buy that. If it sucks, negotiate w/ your friend that you really like the new Tundra but will do him a favor and take the 10' Limited off his hands w/ a bigger discount.
Asian Dave is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Asian Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: So. CA
Posts: 1,599
Thanks: 1,560
Thanked 1,302 Times in 676 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
You should post up some pics of the truck.
Asian Dave is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Moderator
Premium Member
 
Slate CrewMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,845
Thanks: 221
Thanked 1,662 Times in 875 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Actually the least expensive CM 4x4 Limited looks to be mid 40's for a new one. A quick search turned up a 2010 in the same configuration at a Toyota dealer with 50,000 miles. They are asking $37,800.

2008 CrewMax Limited 5.7 / Slate Metallic
Slate CrewMax is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 340
Thanks: 65
Thanked 216 Times in 132 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I'll second Swapthing's comments. With a new truck you will get a warranty and better financing options. However, if you are still interested, I would check out TundraHeadQuarters for a list of known 2010 issues. Finally, if you go the new truck route, the first mod would go with is a backup camera.
2011TundraInMe is online now  
#7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Senior Member
 
shaker428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Posts: 325
Thanks: 284
Thanked 282 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For what it worth I just paid 32K for a 2012 ( 43 miles ) DC RW.

2012 TRD RW DCSB, TRD Dual Exhaust, Undercover Tonneau, 35% Tint, Toyota Stainless Side Steps, BW's, WheelSkin, Info Buttons, Rear Seat back Tilt down, Katzkins, BHLM, Pillar tape delete, Carbon Filter Delete, TRD Air Filter, Air Flow Accelerator...
shaker428 is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Tundra Hunden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 247
Thanks: 138
Thanked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if all you have is $32k then its not too bad with all those goodies on it. Same thing new with all that on it will be in the $49-55k neighborhood.

"I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, Iíll kill you all." General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tundra Hunden is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Junior Member
 
koma74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pimmit Hills Va. not by choice!!
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
This truck does have the back up camera installed stock
koma74 is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
doubleds65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,930
Thanks: 12
Thanked 3,487 Times in 2,124 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
I think its a good deal, maybe talk him down to 30k. But if it is stock kbb is saying $34k, since he already got it hooked up go for it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
doubleds65 is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doubleds65 For This Useful Post:
koma74 (01-16-2013), TundraStruk (01-17-2013)
#11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Junior Member
 
koma74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pimmit Hills Va. not by choice!!
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleds65 View Post
I think its a good deal, maybe talk him down to 30k. But if it is stock kbb is saying $34k, since he already got it hooked up go for it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yeah I offered him a check for $30K but he wants to try Craigslist at $34k but he said he will do $32 for me. At first i told him I will hold off and if he get desperate to sell due to moving across country in a couple months I will go $30K.....researching the current private sell, $32 seems pretty good. He also will throw in the brand new stock rims and tires, Thule roof racks, and cover. I will sell the rims and tires.
koma74 is offline  
#12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Senior Member
 
doubleds65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,930
Thanks: 12
Thanked 3,487 Times in 2,124 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koma74 View Post
Yeah I offered him a check for $30K but he wants to try Craigslist at $34k but he said he will do $32 for me. At first i told him I will hold off and if he get desperate to sell due to moving across country in a couple months I will go $30K.....researching the current private sell, $32 seems pretty good. He also will throw in the brand new stock rims and tires, Thule roof racks, and cover. I will sell the rims and tires.
Ya if he throws in the rims n tires u can make up some money with that. If u can do it -DO IT. Somebody else posted wat a new one would cost n he was right, u could end up paying 10k more at the most n that's for a stock. I would jump on it b4 somebody else does.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
doubleds65 is online now  
#13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Banned
Premium Member
 
Bad Dad's Camrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the spiral...
Posts: 21,288
Thanks: 17,937
Thanked 35,828 Times in 15,365 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
I don't think it is a bad deal for a 4x4 CM Limited. $30k would be a better deal, but I don't think $32k is bad. You could gamble, and tell him to try craigs and see what happens, and maybe after he gets a bunch of tire kickers and deadbeats, he'll come back to you and gladly accept your $30k check. Or else, maybe there is that one person out there, who is willing to spend the $34k right now...who knows. I guess it just depends on how important that $2k is to you.

Here's a little hint though. (I don't claim to know wtf I'm talking about, but still). People who are going to spend $30k+ on something like that, aren't impressed by the mods. In fact, most people are turned off by them. A lot of guys are finding that it is hard to sell their trucks with lift kits, mods, etc. To a consumer, all that stuff means "truck has been abused". Especially if your friend is a young man, it will be hard for him to try to convince a grown man that the truck has been "babied", and immaculately cared for. (not trying to sound harsh with that statement). He will be advertising to a very small audience...kids. (young men). Not all young men have the ability to come up with that kind of money, or have good enough credit yet to finance that kind of money.

In 2009, when I was shopping for a 2007 Tundra, the 2wd Limited CM's were going for $29-33k or so, and the 4x4 Limited CM's were going for $30-35k or so...mileage being the biggest factor in price. Those were 2 year old trucks. You are talking about almost a 3 year old truck. I'm sure times have changed, but figured I'd throw it out there.

If it was me, I'd gamble on him not being able to get a lot of interest on Craigslist at that price point, and get ready to write him that check for $30k You can hedge your bet, and tell him "Look, my offer of $30k stands. If you get a legitimate offer higher than mine from craigs, let me know, and give me first shot at beating that offer (unless it is crazy)".

Good luck, and don't worry, there will be deals out there....pretty soon
Bad Dad's Camrys is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bad Dad's Camrys For This Useful Post:
koma74 (01-16-2013), Swampthing (01-17-2013), TexasTundra4.6 (01-17-2013), TundraStruk (01-17-2013)
#14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Junior Member
 
koma74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pimmit Hills Va. not by choice!!
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleds65 View Post
Ya if he throws in the rims n tires u can make up some money with that. If u can do it -DO IT. Somebody else posted wat a new one would cost n he was right, u could end up paying 10k more at the most n that's for a stock. I would jump on it b4 somebody else does.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yeah im off and on but I figured I would get all your opinions to help me talk myself in or out of it based on the responses!! HA I have until the end of the month before he throws it on Craigslist. I can drive it any time too. That thing has some BALLS compared to my 3.4!!
koma74 is offline  
#15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Junior Member
 
koma74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pimmit Hills Va. not by choice!!
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad's Tundra View Post
I don't think it is a bad deal for a 4x4 CM Limited. $30k would be a better deal, but I don't think $32k is bad. You could gamble, and tell him to try craigs and see what happens, and maybe after he gets a bunch of tire kickers and deadbeats, he'll come back to you and gladly accept your $30k check. Or else, maybe there is that one person out there, who is willing to spend the $34k right now...who knows. I guess it just depends on how important that $2k is to you.

Here's a little hint though. (I don't claim to know wtf I'm talking about, but still). People who are going to spend $30k+ on something like that, aren't impressed by the mods. In fact, most people are turned off by them. A lot of guys are finding that it is hard to sell their trucks with lift kits, mods, etc. To a consumer, all that stuff means "truck has been abused". Especially if your friend is a young man, it will be hard for him to try to convince a grown man that the truck has been "babied", and immaculately cared for. (not trying to sound harsh with that statement). He will be advertising to a very small audience...kids. (young men). Not all young men have the ability to come up with that kind of money, or have good enough credit yet to finance that kind of money.

In 2009, when I was shopping for a 2007 Tundra, the 2wd Limited CM's were going for $29-33k or so, and the 4x4 Limited CM's were going for $30-35k or so...mileage being the biggest factor in price. Those were 2 year old trucks. You are talking about almost a 3 year old truck. I'm sure times have changed, but figured I'd throw it out there.

If it was me, I'd gamble on him not being able to get a lot of interest on Craigslist at that price point, and get ready to write him that check for $30k You can hedge your bet, and tell him "Look, my offer of $30k stands. If you get a legitimate offer higher than mine from craigs, let me know, and give me first shot at beating that offer (unless it is crazy)".

Good luck, and don't worry, there will be deals out there....pretty soon
this guy is single,in his 40s and spends his weekends cleaning this truck. I know he babies the crap out of it. I was banking off the rebel flag flyers in the area only wanting to buy fords and Chevy's. you made some good points... im basing a lot of my thoughts off what people are currently paying for 2010s and Tundras dont really last on Craigslist here. Well I still have a couple weeks. Thanks much for your input.
koma74 is offline  
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > New Member Introductions


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome