Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Speed Glampers überfährt: Anza Borrego 3/23/17 - 3/26/17

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  osidepunker 
#1 · (Edited)
***CAPPED***

We're going to run Anza Borrego and Ocotillo Wells. Anza is awesome, lots of different terrain. Sandy, high speed, technical, etc. Its a large park and very beautiful. This will be the middle of the desert bloom and we have a couple small hikes planned. We plan on arriving Thursday afternoon/eve and leaving Sunday morning.

I have room for 3 more trucks. Post up and send me a PM with your contact info if you would like to run with us.

Put your big boy britches on! Only 4wd trucks with 35" AT or mud tires and your truck must have solid recovery points! I will consider 2wd trucks depending on your setup. You may get scratches depending on how well you drive lol Must bring lots of firewood, full size spare tire and tools to change it, and backcountry camping gear as we'll be doing dispersed camping. We will be camping and wheeling in VERY remote areas. So you will need extra water (5 ga minimum), extra fuel (10 ga minimum), first aid kit, and clothes and gear appropriate for the terrain. Everyone needs to be self-sufficient, but we never leave anybody behind and we always help each other with breaks and stucks. We are always looking for new people to wheel with us so don't be shy!

Beer drinking and general shenanigans will be encouraged!

Role Call:
I have the following trucks confirmed so far:

@osidepunker, Alex solo, 4wd Tundra
@spenny, Spencer solo, 4wd 4Runner
@N2Deep, Craig with ???, 4wd LT Tundra
@KevinK, Kevin and Lisa, 4wd tundra
@papasmurf, Bruce and his brother, 4wd tundra
drewskie88 T4R, Andrew with wife (Velinda), and daughter (Danielle), 4wd 4runner
@Oneluv13T4R, Miah solo, 2wd 4Runner
Aaron solo, 4wd SC FJ Cruiser
@UncleJimmy, Jimmy with Wife, 4wd Tundra
@Zackbremer, Zack solo (arriving Friday 10am, staying Fri and Sat night), 4wd Tundra

Route/Itinerary:

Arrive Thursday afternoon/eve, meet in Borrego Springs Christmas Circle. Camp at Sheeps Camp.

Friday morning, early, we fuel up in Borrego Springs and hit the dirt. We'll check out the Borrego Badlands at Fonts Point and Vista del Mapas. We'll stop at the Seventeen Palms, Five Palms, and Una Palma, then go play at the 4x4 Playground for a little bit. After that we'll cut back towards Pumpkin Patch, Shell Reef, Devils Slide, and hit Blow Sand Hill. We'll enter The Slot and climb Goat Trail. Then we'll head to Fish Creek Wash and camp in Olla Wash. Possible night run along the RR trax to Superstition.

Saturday we'll hit exit Olla Wash, climb Diablo Dropoff, through Arroyo Tapiado, then hike the Mud Caves. Stop at Palm Spring. After that we'll make camp at Blair Valley early so we can find a spot, then we'll do a 1.5 mile out and back hike to see the Indian Pictographs.

Possible night run to Pinion Drop Off. I want to see how tight “The Squeeze” is. Might do it Sunday Morning.

Sunday morning go home.

More to follow...

See less See more
#4 ·
I told you I'm in... it will be my brother and I in my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KevinK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.