Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Speed Glampers unite! Mojave Road and Death Valley Nov 16 - 21

7K views 67 replies 11 participants last post by  Dragos28 
#1 · (Edited)
We're going to run the Mojave Road and Death Valley in November. This will be an awesome trip with all different kinds of terrain; high speed, technical, sandy, rocky, etc etc. I don't need to sell this run, the Mojave Desert and Death Valley sell themselves. We will start Wednesday morning and spend a few days running the Mojave Road. Then we will make our way up into Death Valley. We're still working on routes. If you can't start on Wednesday (I know its tough for some people to start in the middle of the week), then you can meet up with us Friday night or Saturday morning in Death Valley.

Put your big boy britches on! Only 4wd trucks with 35" AT or mud tires and your truck must have solid recovery points! I will consider 2wd trucks depending on your setup. You will get scratches! Must bring firewood, full size spare tire and tools to change it, and backcountry camping gear as we'll be doing dispersed camping. We will be camping and wheeling in VERY remote areas. So you will need extra water (5 ga minimum), extra fuel (5 ga minimum, 10 ga preferred), first aid kit, and clothes and gear appropriate for the terrain. We might hit some cold nights so make sure you are prepared. Everyone needs to be self-sufficient, but we never leave anybody behind and we always help each other with breaks and stucks. We are always looking for new people to wheel with us so don't be shy!

If you're in post here and pm me your email address and phone number.

Beer drinking and general shenanigans will be encouraged!

Role Call:
I have the following trucks confirmed so far:

@osidepunker solo - DC 4wd Tundra, arriving Tuesday

@spenny solo - 4wd 4runner, arriving Tuesday

@Roy Park solo - CM 4wd Tundra, arriving Wednesday noon

@Dragos28 and Sergiu - DC 2wd Tundra, arriving Thursday around lunch time

@Lude Dude solo, arriving Friday - CM 4x4 Tundra

Craig and Diana, DC 4wd Tundra, arriving Tuesday possibly

Kyle, DCLB 4wd Tacoma, arriving???

Matteo, 2wd LT Tundra, arriving late Thursday night or Friday morning

Route/Itinerary:
Final, specific routes TBD

Current plan: I'll be in west Mojave around noon on Wednesday. Let me know what time you can be in the area and we will arrange meet spots. We will explore some random trails and scope out a nice campsite in Rasor Dunes for the night. Craig will meet us at the campsite later that night.

Then on Thursday we will run Mojave eastbound. Campsite for Thursday night will be somewhere near Dumont Dunes.

Friday we will head to Death Valley. We'll camp near Warm Springs before Mengal Pass.

Saturday we'll run Mengal pass then progress towards the Racetrack. We'll camp Saturday night with the Aliens. Last year @spenny and I had a very weird night with them.

Sunday head home. I'll be rolling north into eastern NV and camp in Black Rock Desert (Burning Man area). @spenny might roll with me if he ever finds his big boy britches. Then I'm rolling North to spend Thanksgiving in Portland with the Fam.

Possible offshoots dependent on time: Spooky Canyon (possible night hike Wed night), UFO Crash Site, China Date Ranch, Darwin Falls, Manson Ranch, and maybe a couple others.

More to follow...

See less See more
#6 ·
Lol ??
Let me see what I can do. I want to make this trip!
If I make it, I'll be in for Wednesday trough Sunday. Count me as 51.1%

Reactions: Jesco
#17 ·
if we bump it month i am def in, ive always wanted to hit mojave rd
The dates are set in stone. But we can do a second run in December. I'm game

There are seriously so far in advance I can never commit, haha.
This is going to be a big run and I'm capping the number of trucks to a reasonable number, depending on who's coming. Dragos is lowest priority and may get bumped if we get a rental f150 in the group

#24 ·
I'm serious, I'll do another run in December with you. Pin down a date and let me know

In it to win it bitches!
Hells yeah homie! Updated first post

When did we decide on Speed Glampers? Was I drunk? I like it.

@spenny and I discussed it on the 10 hour drive home. I made an executive decision. We need hats or shirts or something. I like it though because its inclusive of all types of trucks and it perfectly describes our style of wheeling.

#29 ·
its a Don't ask don't tell type of deal on the trail if I remember.

I'm down for this run fo sho. already scratched the paint last year in DV might as well make it a yearly thing.

I thought it was #overglampers since you decided to slow down a few ;)

#30 ·
I thought it was #overglampers since you decided to slow down a few ;)
Changed my mind about going slow since insurance is ruling in my favor. Turns out I can't be expected to run off the road just to avoid someone.

Disclaimer: Insurance companies are still fighting with each other so please don't discuss details of the incident yet

#34 ·
I'm in. Got the green light from the wife.
What up Roy! Glad to have you with us! This is gonna be an epic trip. Craig found some alien sighting spots we're gonna check out. Hopefully we'll find some naked lady aliens like in star trek. I updated the first post and I will be sending you an email invite to the app we're using to plan the trip.

Does your tundra have 4wd? Do you have all the needed gear? Spare tire, extra fuel/water, comms?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.