Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

San Antonio, TEXAS!!!

12K views 81 replies 24 participants last post by  Maxwell881 
#1 · (Edited)
Any members here from San Antonio? I'm a new Tundra owner, as well as new to the forum. Might be nice to have someone here local so I can get some tips and pick their brains.......... :scratchhead: As well as meet up for lunch and swap ideas, mods etc......

#2 ·
Welcome and know that you can find a lot of useful information on this forum. There are a lot of great guys here who've done great mods and other things to their trucks.

Since the Tundra is assembled in San Antonio, I would also recommend you hang out around the manufacturing plant there (nearest gas station). It will be a lot of brains to pick when they get off their shift.

Reactions: BIGPAPIGREG
#3 ·
im in San Antonio. plenty of people from here on this site.

Reactions: BIGPAPIGREG
#12 ·
How's it going Aj, glad ya stopped by, where about are ya located?
Noticed you have a center console safe/lockbox, what kind do you have? Also, how do you have it secured? Any Pictures? I'm looking to do something like this, just curious what's out there.

#14 ·
I live in the north west side around braun and 1604.

I dont have any pictures but there is a lot of them in a thread in the accessories section ( http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-parts-accessories/228714-locker-down-console-safe.html) . I bought it from here Lock'er Down Security Products Console Safes, SUVault and VersaSafe . Cool thing is that the guy that sells them has his store in san antonio. So I called to see if he had one in stock, he did. I then drove over there and he installed it for me in minuets. Nice guy.

#18 ·
My Tundra is at Black Jack today getting my 6112/5160 installed. I'll let y'all know how they do.

#24 ·
I'm in SA. Just installed my BA 8" system in Thursday, haven't put the resonator on yet and just may not even do it, though interested in how it would sound if I do. 8" is perfect to me and sounds so much better than stock. Also got a pile of audio equipment ready to go but need a full weekend to dedicate to the install and doesn't look like that is coming anytime soon unfortunately.

#26 ·
I had my resonator on but took it off because I wanted to hear it more. According to Keith from dirtydeeds, it will be the same amount of loudness for anyone on the street hearing it but sound louder to those in the truck. As long as you are not towing any thing I would leave it off if the droning isn't currently bothering you.

#28 ·
technically almost all of our trucks are from San Antonio :headbanger:

#32 ·
I'm in San Antonio. 2015 Crew Max 4X4 Platinum. Going to Custom Sounds in a few weeks to get my factory JBL system upgraded to JL 10's 500w amp with a ported box. Will post results when they are done. Also this week I get my G2 BakFlip in!!!! Can't wait to install that! Finally will be able to lock up my stuff in the bed of my truck.

#38 ·
Don't forget NAW-Northwest Automotive Whse. Inc. on Culebra for lifts, exhaust and more.

#42 ·
where did you order your hood bulge from? id really like to get a color matched one, but i dont think anyone does it in blue ribbon metalic.

#43 ·
where did you order your hood bulge from? id really like to get a color matched one, but i don't think anyone does it in blue ribbon metalic.
FB has a group called Tundracrew. Feller by the name of Chris Van Roekel. Works for Toyota of Glendale. $440 delivered (If I remember correctly) black. Give him a holler, he's a damn good feller and will help you out.

#47 ·
welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.