Bilstein 5100's FRONTS ONLY $229 with FREE shipping - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 10,881 Times in 5,055 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1150 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
bump to the top

We make
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, full
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and sell custom valved King shocks, upper control arms, BullyDog Tuners, JBA Long Tube Headers, NX Nitrous Kits, Snow Performance Water/Meth, Killer Chiller, and any performance product for your Tundra. Please feel free to give me a call Monday-Friday anytime after 9am PST.

Be sure to check out our new Facebook group
for more convenient Tundra Chat!!

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtydeeds For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Do you sell the diff drop as well?

08 Tundra 5.7, TRD rear sway bar, 285/50R22 Nitto Dura Grappler 10ply w/ KMC Skitch (summer), 275/70r18 BFG A/T KO2 (winter), CB+2, Bilsteins 5100 front and rear, FST Air Bags w/on board compressor, RKsport Ram Air hood, BAmufflers Ultimate Towing Exhaust system w/ BD. VLED Switch backs, VLED rear signals and brake lights, VLED strobe 3rd brake light, tinted tail lights, P2 Brake controller
The Following User Says Thank You to 98tsiawd For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-05-2014)
post #18 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hmm. Never thought about that.

My truck is lifted 3" on Kings. No diff drop. Supercharged and other mods. 500hp to the rear wheels. And I drag race in 4hi.

Never had a problem.

These Bilsteins don't quite lift 3".

I think the diff drop sold with spacer lifts are just a gimmick. It makes people feel there is more value in it then there is. Not needed

We make
, full
and sell custom valved King shocks, upper control arms, BullyDog Tuners, JBA Long Tube Headers, NX Nitrous Kits, Snow Performance Water/Meth, Killer Chiller, and any performance product for your Tundra. Please feel free to give me a call Monday-Friday anytime after 9am PST.

src="

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|

post #19 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Sounds good, no diff drop it is would i be able to get a quote from you for a set of fronts and rears? shipped to Canada postal code t4b3b9? my plan is to also run the CB +2 shackles, whats your thoughts on this set up? I'm looking to beef up my suspension a little bit but keep it practical for towing.

you can send me a PM or email to vernonnichols@shaw.ca

Thank you

08 Tundra 5.7, TRD rear sway bar, 285/50R22 Nitto Dura Grappler 10ply w/ KMC Skitch (summer), 275/70r18 BFG A/T KO2 (winter), CB+2, Bilsteins 5100 front and rear, FST Air Bags w/on board compressor, RKsport Ram Air hood, BAmufflers Ultimate Towing Exhaust system w/ BD. VLED Switch backs, VLED rear signals and brake lights, VLED strobe 3rd brake light, tinted tail lights, P2 Brake controller
The Following User Says Thank You to 98tsiawd For This Useful Post:
post #20 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The price.. is it for complete coilover setup, or just struts and reuse old coils ?

Toyota Dealer 23071 Master Certified Parts Manager
Max Track Suspension Mississippi Dealer

Certified Mississippi Fire Fighter
Mud Dynasty, Atv & SxS riding at its best

2014 Tundra Limited Crewmax 2wd 5.7 Attitude Black/Black Leather
2014 Can Am Maverick XRS-DPS White/Red/Black on 32" terminators
The Following User Says Thank You to MUD_DYNASTY For This Useful Post:
post #21 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
Hmm. Never thought about that.

My truck is lifted 3" on Kings. No diff drop. Supercharged and other mods. 500hp to the rear wheels. And I drag race in 4hi.

Never had a problem.

These Bilsteins don't quite lift 3".

I think the diff drop sold with spacer lifts are just a gimmick. It makes people feel there is more value in it then there is. Not needed
WOW, I would have never guessed the front drive system could stand up to that! How many miles running like that? Never any issue at all? Still engages/disengages smoothly? I thought 4wd was to be avoided on pavement in general...?

2015 Tundra Crewmax, Limited, 4x4, TRD
TRD Supercharger, ASP 2.35", TRD Exhaust & Rear Sway
JL Audio 10TW3 (x2)
The Following User Says Thank You to LS1Steve For This Useful Post:
post #22 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tsiawd View Post
Sounds good, no diff drop it is would i be able to get a quote from you for a set of fronts and rears? shipped to Canada postal code t4b3b9? my plan is to also run the CB +2 shackles, whats your thoughts on this set up? I'm looking to beef up my suspension a little bit but keep it practical for towing.

you can send me a PM or email to vernonnichols@shaw.ca

Thank you
Email sent

I think your set up will handle and drive better than stock with a talented alignment guy

We make
, full

src="

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|
post #23 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUD_DYNASTY View Post
The price.. is it for complete coilover setup, or just struts and reuse old coils ?
Exactly. That's why these are such a cost effective way to lift the front end. It's basically the cost of a pair of shocks. And they just happen to be able to add a little lift.

We make
, full

src="

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|
post #24 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 04:52 PM

So just struts only

The Following User Says Thank You to MUD_DYNASTY For This Useful Post:
post #25 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Steve View Post
WOW, I would have never guessed the front drive system could stand up to that! How many miles running like that? Never any issue at all? Still engages/disengages smoothly? I thought 4wd was to be avoided on pavement in general...?
The truck has just under 30k. I lifted it like 10k. It's probably seen a hundred runs down the 1/8 mile at Qualcomm stadium.

I asked my buddy who's quality control at the San Antonio plant. He gave me 2 great pieces of advice:

1. Don't switch from or to 4wd/2wd at high rpm.

2. And make sure to switch out of 4wd before turning down the return road.

What I do is switch into 4wd where everyone does their burn out. This gives the truck time to engage 4wd. Then I stage shallow. Right when the last yellow lights up I stomp the gas pedal. After I cross the finish line and let off the throttle I switch to 2wd then make the turn to the return road.

When off road I call it 4wd. When on the drag strip it's AWD

We make
, full

src="

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|
post #26 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUD_DYNASTY View Post
So just struts only
Yessir. Struts with a new spring perch.

We make
, full

src="

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|
post #27 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 05:03 PM

thanks brother

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MUD_DYNASTY For This Useful Post:
dirtydeeds (11-12-2014), Mr. Creosote (11-05-2014)
post #28 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Im very interested in the Bilsteins 5100. I am new to lifting trucks.
If i get the 5100 shocks, can i use all stock components?
I read above that it wont level the truck completely but will look level to the naked eye. and thats fine with me.
And If i order here will it come with both Left and right Shocks?
The Following User Says Thank You to FishingTruck12 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-07-2014)
post #29 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I currently have a Zone 5 inch lift, if I got these and replaced my stock TRD bilstein's would I be able to lift the front higher? I really don't want to shell out $2,0000+ for the coil overs to get more lift.

2014 Tundra SR5 TRD, Crewmax
Zone 5 inch lift
20" AE wheels
Weather tech mats
Limo tint
Lund side steps
The Following User Says Thank You to premk98 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (11-07-2014)
post #30 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingTruck12 View Post
Im very interested in the Bilsteins 5100. I am new to lifting trucks.
If i get the 5100 shocks, can i use all stock components?
I read above that it wont level the truck completely but will look level to the naked eye. and thats fine with me.
And If i order here will it come with both Left and right Shocks?
it will look close to level . it takes 3.25" to level a 2gen.

you reuse a few stock components. anything that you don't reuse is included new with the kit.

this price IS for both front right and left struts

We make
, full

src="

Keith 760-877-4234 |
|
Mr. Creosote (11-13-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Group Buys (site approved only)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.