Originally Posted by Ironman02
I’m still yet to find a dealer or individual that can tell me my truck is or is not a true blue Ivan Stewart Edition. I have all options minus the Limited.....
Not too many dealers know what they are selling, just walk in and ask some basic questions. They have no idea about the features and options with Tundras. Go into the history of the First Gen, and you lose them quick. I remember being at a dealership last year checking out the 2008 Tundras. Salesman tells me that Tundra is now number 1 in sales. I say...you are kidding right? Tundra is a great product, but, they are #4 in sales. Want proof? The Ivan was built on the Limited
platform, unless I have loss all memory. That means, your door moldings will be color matched because that is how the Limited was made and that is how they sold this baby. Here are the min specs for the Ivan. The rest were optional. I have more data and pics to show how it came together. The Ivans were not sold stripped. I know, I was at NH Performance Center constantly to check them out in 2001-2002.
2002 Toyota TRD Ivan Stewart Edition Tundra Specs
- Monochromatic Body Package
- Wide lip fender flares with integrated mudguards
- One piece grille surrounded with charcoal mesh insert
- Matching mirror covers
- Available in all factory colors
Wheel and Tire Set
- 5 spoke aluminum wheels
- Light weight, pressure cast one piece design
- Rugged BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires
- Special for TRD by Bilstein
- Nitrogen pressurized, self adjusting, rising rate, mono-tube design
Exclusive Ivan Stewart Badging
- Signature edition graphics
- TRD floormats
- Interior dash plaque
Optional TRD Sports Parts
- Stainless steel dual outlet exhaust
- Exhaust increases horsepower by 6hp
- 4.7L V8 headers
- Header horsepower gain of 13.9hp @ 4270rpm
- Header torque gain of 18.7ft-lb @ 2780rpm
- 50 state smog legal
Luxury Sport Interior
- Contoured, leather trimmed seats
- Super high gloss, real carbon fiber interior trim set
- Exclusive exterior badging and windshield banner
Limited Slip Differential
- Eaton Posi design
- Unique 3 pinion configuration
- Race bred carbon friction discs
4.7L V8 Prototype TRD Supercharger System
- Boost pressure, 4 lbs.
- 35-40% increase in horsepower and torque
- Available 1st quarter 2002.
Originally Posted by Smeddog1
Yeah, I was told that you could pick what options you wanted or didn't want depending how much you wanted to spend. ...I'll keep you guys updated.
Yes, sort of. But port of call options for Ivans were done and install to justify the cost at the time. Ivans did not come as partial packages, that is all.
Guys, we all drive Tundras and different versions of the First Gen. They are all cool. I only present the facts and history as I see and know it. Not saying who has a Ivan or not, but, I know what the original Ivans were like in 2000-2002. I only post the info to help people learn more about the First Gen Tundra!!!
Still one of my favorite pics. The Ivan launch of the SC!!!!!!!!!!