Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

7 pin connector wire diagram

20K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Powertechn2 
#1 ·
I am in the process of installing a back up camera on my 05 tundra double cab. I have a video cable running from head unit, a 12v constant power running from head unit, and a reverse remote wire running from reverse trigger switch of my pioneer 4600bt. I ran constant power as the head unit can switch to camera even when not in reverse. I am trying to tap in to my 7 pin connector for the ground comining off of camera and the reverse remote line so I won't have to tap in to my reverse light lines. I have attached a picture of the 7 wires coming out of my connector can someone tell me the reverse and the ground wires. I read that white was ground and purple was reverse but I don't have purple.

This is my first post on here as I am new thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You could look at the diagram and check for continuity from the pin for reverse...

Reactions: Pete D
#4 ·
That is why you use a multimeter and test the wires for continuity to the terminal.

You can also use a test light and probe the wire and see which one comes on only when the truck is in reverse, not running, with the parking brake on.

#7 ·
Free multimeter with the coupon they put in the paper, and magazines.

Everyone should have at least one. I have 3. Not the HF one though. They do work at least a few times for the casual diy.

Test lights are also super cheap. I dunno how many I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.