Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

leveling kit question.

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ww1984 
#1 ·
What's up all.. I took off my tuff country 53070 leveling kit from my 08 tundra and was wondering if it would fit on my dad's 06 tundra? I've looked around and haven't been able to come up with much info, but if you look on Amazon, they say this kit will fit an 06. Any info would be great.

#3 ·
Yea, just about all of the sites listed that kit for the newer tundras only, but I was holding on to a small bit of hope when Amazon said it would fit the 06. I called tuff country today and verified that it wouldn't fit.

#4 ·
I figured they wouldn't keep the same suspension set up with a new model truck. Although I don't think it's much different.

#5 ·
Sorry to bring back, and slightly hijack an old thread, but I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a 1st gen tundra to bring up the front end? I found this kit on Ebay, but I am not sure if its truly sufficient to do whats needed.

99 06 Toyota Tundra 2" Suspension Leveling Lift Kit Pro | eBay

It looks like this one is just a spacer that goes between the top of the shock and the tower. If that all that's needed?

#6 ·
There is a couple ways to bring up the front, or "level" the truck. A spacer like this is one of them. Looks like it also comes with the differential drop spacers aswell. To answer your question, yes that is all that is needed to do it that way. You will also need an alignment after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.