Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Awesome 2003 Tundra With Only 483 Miles

6K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  jbtoy1 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Tundra and have been looking around for another G1 Tundra. I actually like them more than the G2 Tundras, if you can believe that!

Anyway, I came across this super cool tundra listed on Auto Trader. Way too far from me to even think about it, but wanted to post the link just for fun. How the heck does a truck like this sit for 10 years, tho?!

Really too bad because it has everything I'm looking for, 4x4, 4.7, SR5 package and it's even an awesome color!!! :)

Cars for Sale: 2003 Toyota Tundra 4x4 w/ SR5 Package in PUYALLUP, WA 98371: Truck Details - 380792652 - AutoTrader.com

#6 ·
just sitting for 10 years, tho.

What do you guys think? Any concerns about that?
I would like to know the back story on why they tucked it away for 10 years, but, it sure is brand new. Be curious to see how many times it was started, if at all, per year. It took me over 13 years to add about 7000 miles to my original 2000. Being assigned over the border for work for over 10 years
has a way of keeping the miles very, very low. So, there can be good reasons why there are still some very low miles Gen 1's out there in Anywhere, USA.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#26 ·
Yeah its Northwest Motorsports, about 60 miles south of me. They sell really nice lifted trucks, thats their thing. They've built a couple of 12th man seahawks tundras. Jay Beuhner ("the Bone") used to be a legendary Mariners Outfielder and now he's the spokesperson.

#11 ·
The truck just fits me really well. I'm one of those guys that change grows slowly on. Just really like the size, how nimble it is and how easy it is to drive and park in the city. Just seems to serve all of my needs really well. The G2s are definitely awesome, but they're also a lot bigger and bulkier and I just don't really have a need for all of that extra size or power at this time.

That is interesting news about that carfax report though, but it seems like carfax's pretty good at listing inaccurate information. I was interested in another tundra a while ago. Truck had only 47k on it and when I drove it, it absolutely felt like it was brand new. The seller was an older guy bought it from his dad and the truck clearly was very well taken care of. The carfax report on that truck had a bunch of stuff on it that the guy just couldn't believe.

#8 ·
Carfax reports 3 different owners. Under first owner it's reported as gray and then under the second and third owner the color is reported as beige ??

Also it's first sold in Minnesota then Washington and sold at auction.

Doesn't add up ..unless the truck was 'carried' to Washington and painted a few times.

#9 ·
I owned a 2002 for 11 years and put 207,000 miles on it. Absolutely loved it. Now I have a 2013 and I love it for a number of reasons. However, I do at times the smaller overall size of the first gen. It was a blast to throw around town. The new engine is unbelievably smooth and powerful. Interested to see what the dealer says.

#15 ·
It is a nice looking truck and just a tad bigger than the current Tacoma.

No oil change ever reported either. If someone was to buy this, they'd be wise to get a mechanic to do a compression check. Seals and gaskets would be shot without being used. And the oil (if it's original) would more than likely be sludge by now. Actually all the fluids would NEED to be inspected before startup.

One thing I know is true, when the dealers have their cars serviced on the lot ..it gets documented and reported for their benefit. Interested in what you find out.

#18 ·
If I'm going to spend $27k on a truck I'm getting something with a warranty still.

Cool find though.

#19 ·
Interesting stuff. I exchanged a couple of emails with one of their sales guys and asked about the info listed on the carfax, which appears to be correct and specifically asked if he had any idea how the truck could have had all of these owners and yet sub 500 miles on it. He said he had no idea, but the dmv report appears to be correct and the truck is as advertised.

Would be really cool if someone on this site happened to see this post and could go check the truck out. I'm not in the running for the truck -- not worth it, but still a bit curious about this find!

#20 ·
Yea, too much $$

If it has not been stored indoors all gaskets/seals would be toast shortly after driving for a while.

Tires would have to be replaced anyways for me to feel confident driving it around.

Good find, interesting too.

For that price I would be more likely to buy an 87 gn that has 10k on the odo.

#23 ·
You know, I'm not so sure the price on that '03 is that crazy. Prices may be cheaper elsewhere but here in Cali where I've been doing most of my searches, the 05-06 trucks with anywhere from 80-90k on them are being advertised in the 20-23k range, just around as much as the 07-08 trucks with comparable mileage are going for in some cases.

#24 ·
Good Point. It is also only an asking price. If someone wants a basic brand new older truck, they may pay the price or something close to it. If seller wants to sell, I am sure price could go lower.

#27 ·
PS. Read the free carfax on the website. The service records seem fishy...

#30 ·
I clicked the original post to check the link. Truck is no longer for sale or listed.

So, was it bought (???) or just another scam to sell something to good to be true??

Meaning, messed up title, shady back story, pulled from flood waters, something is not right here my friends. Curious what is lurking in the weeds about this "brand new" truck over 10 yrs old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.