Just got around to installing my TRDsparks.com color match grille, you can to. ENJOY.
- 10MM deep well socket
- screwdriver (phillips)
- Blunt tool (butter knife/screwdriver)
- Allow 45 minutes (if its your first time, really takes about 20 minutes)
1. Open hood and remove the 5 top nuts and 4 lower nuts (2 on each side) with a 10mm deep well socket. (note: you only have to remove the nuts not the bolts as the bolts are fabricated into the grille.
2. Remove the (2) 10mm bolts that hold the hood release latch. (note the nuts are welded on to the oem grille, remove bolt/washer only).
3. Remove top plastic grille insert with a blunt end tool. I used a screw driver. Carefully pry up on the front part of this insert. Start at one end and work toward the other.
4. Remove the 4 screw with the phillips screwdriver.
5. Now pull the grill straight forward and presto. Your done.
6. Re-install in the reverse order.
Extra. I tend to be a little weird and like to spray some WD-40 on the nuts before I place them back on. Also I like to clean behind the grille before installation.
Thanks to TRDsparks.com for this color matched grille.
NOTE: OEM chrome grille for sale in the buy/sell section.