Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Removing Toyota logo from billet grill 2012

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Homewrecker9 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am having the hardest time trying to remove this logo from the grill (2012 tundra texas edition) I've looked at the emblem from behind and underneath and I just cant see how exactly to get it off.

I want to plasti-dip the toyota logo and not the rest of the grill

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You don't remove it. Tape around the emblem and leave 1/2" to 1" space all the way around it. Use newspaper to prevent overspray. Dip with 5-6 light coats, then 2-3 slightly heavier coats. Allow to dry 20 minutes between light coats and 30 minutes between slightly heavier coats. Allow to dry 30 minutes after last coat, then carefully peel away the parts you didn't intend to dip. It will naturally peel where you want it to. Make sure you evenly coat the entire area. It's easier to peel when it's thicker.

Watch some videos on YouTube by Dip Your Car.

Here's mine before I did the whole grille surround, emblem, and bumper. Notice it's not masked off right up to the edges.

#3 ·
It is easy to remove...flat head screw driver to pry off the three tabs in the back.

#4 · (Edited)
First you need to remove the billet grille. Then there is either one or two small screws that keep the emblem on.

I did that first and I thought it looked like a clown nose. I kept it for a couple weeks and it didn't grow on me. I ended up dipping the whole billet grille and I like it much better.

I couldn't find a pic of just the emblem sorry.
I dipped it in April. I have a few chips in it. I am going to look into getting it powder coated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.