Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Toyota Tundra License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play Install! Same-day shipping!

30K views 49 replies 10 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 · (Edited)

Toyota Tundra License Plate LEDs

License plate bulbs are used to illuminate the rear license plate on your Toyota Tundra. From the factory, the bulbs are incandescent, lighting up in a yellowish color.

Newer luxury cars use LED modules to illuminate the license plate with modern, cool white light. By changing your license plate bulbs to LED, you can easily add this luxury look to your Tundra!

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your factory bulbs.

With low price and easy install, this is one of the best, easiest modifications you can do to improve how your Tundra looks at night.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several bulb options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs. (24 lumens)
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright! (56 lumens)
HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs! (92 lumens)

Bulb Design

SMD2: Similarly compact design, with two 5050-size Epistar SMD chips, driven at high power for maximum effective brightness. Outputs at 180 degrees.

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Toyota Tundra).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

New HP3

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or Email contact@diodedynamics.com

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Customer Submitted Photo

See less See more
#16 ·
Hey Nick,

The interior bulbs all worked great, but when I put in the license ones, they do not light up at all. I tried flipping them over and still nothing. When I put the originals back in, they work so I know it's not the fuse. Any ideas what to try next? Thanks.

#15 ·
I'm going to order these up I hate the Oem bulbs in the Tundra soo dim on my 15 Tundra . Headlights are next update too. Right now focus on interior and plate

Reactions: Diode Dynamics
#18 ·
Thanks Nick. Your support team emailed that suggestion yesterday and I was able to get them working last night. What I found was I had to move the wire out and also toward the edge of the base to get them to make contact. Your customer service is outstanding - :thx:

#20 ·
Placed my order today One thing members post your pictures on this install I plan too once it's installed ..

#23 · (Edited)
So it's Installed and I have to say i'm pretty impressed the bulb brightness is double that on the Oem yellow bulbs.
I have a picture on the Navi screen backup camera and it didn't effect that too much as well Note rain on camera.

Thanks I have a few other Item's I'll order from you looking at Led's fog Next.
Backup camera with both bulbs installed.

Both bulbs installed right to left (Leds)

Left is Toyota Bulb vs Led on right

#37 ·

There's no better time to upgrade! Through Friday, 5/29/2020, get 20% off all our LED upgrades for your ride, including our License Plate LED Bulbs with coupon code "USA20" at checkout!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 5/29/2020. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.​

#38 ·

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 5/29/2020, you can use coupon code "USA20" at checkout for 20% off your entire order of lighting upgrades, including our License Plate Bulbs!!! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 5/29/2020. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

#39 ·

Don't miss your chance to save on all LED upgrades! Through Monday, 7/6/20, get 15% off all our LED upgrades for your ride, including our License Plate LED Bulbs with coupon code "JULY4" at checkout!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, 7/6/20. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.​

#40 ·

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 9/8/2020, you can use coupon code "LABOR" at checkout for 15% off your entire order of lighting upgrades, including our License Plate Bulbs!!! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 9/8/2020. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.