Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

tonneau cover care

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  RIjon 
#1 ·
Spring will be here soon and it will be time to clean the truck up real good. What do you guys use for cleaning/protecting your tonneau covers? Any sealants you use on them?

#2 ·

#6 ·
What material are we talking about? If it's vinyl, I would use a convertible top cleaner like Chemical Guys convertible top cleaner and protect it with some 303 aerospace protectant. If it's painted, treat it the same as your psint. Polish and seal. Mine in Linexed covered diamond plate. It gets washed with the truck and protected with 303 or Chemical Guys Silk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#8 ·
When I wash my truck, tonneau gets washed also. That's about all I do and it still looks great.

Reactions: RIjon
#9 ·
i agree.

#16 ·
When it gets imbedded dirt into the vinyl grain, I use diluted simple green 50/50 half water and half product. Wet the cover and painted areas and keep everything wet at all times. I do 1/4 at a time using a soft brush and rinsing the whole time. I don't want any etching/streeks. Simple green is safe but i am not taking any chances, thats why i keep water flowing on the paint. Then dry it and use a coat or two of 303 protectant. Comes up like it brand new.

#17 ·
I generally wash the vinyl cover and then spray with 303. You may get some run off from 303 due to rain, but it doesn't bother me.

#21 ·
Tonneau covers should be made out of unobtainium and would require no maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.