Whats the best Air Intake? - Page 6 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Vendor
Premium Member

Thanked 28,053 Times in 13,900 Posts
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7781 Post(s)
Major dust intake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragos28 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-27-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I had a Volent on my 2010 CM and loved it. It certainly didn't hurt performance or mpg but I can't say it helped but it did sound cool. To me the biggest selling point was the filter element. Volent uses a Donaldson filter element good for 60k miles or so. Donaldson filters are the same used by the US Military on choppers in the Sandbox.

The Moose is Loose !

Bronze Tundra Bliss
The Following User Says Thank You to kmoose For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (12-27-2016)
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMedic View Post
Can someone explain why the high-flow intake would cause a drop in low end torque? Is it noticeable while driving or is it the kind of drop you'd only notice on a dyno? She pulls pretty good off the line when you put your foot in right now - I was thinking about changing the stock intake for sound's sake but not if it's going to hurt performance. (2006 TRD 4.7 L with Flowmaster 50)
That was with intake exhaust combo.The filter really does nothing.The stock filter is huge and flows just fine just less area and gets dirty faster.Dont get fooled by media and advertiesments.There are no performance gains unless you mod your motor and tune just like the old days these days its just digital and ecu adjustments not increasing intake and turning a screw driver to add more fuel with the added air.If your supporting a super charger yes these mods would benefit even a larger diameter pipe and headers but adding some of these parts could take away performance if you don't have the added hp to make use of them.The air filter does absolutely nothing bet extend cleaning or replacing periods.

AFE cold air intake stage 2 magnum force.
Spintech true duals xpipe 2 pro 6000 down pipes.
PROCOMP 7 inch lift kit pro series rear shock/uca's.
ICON 6-7 inch lifted coil overs.
Street Taco 4" carrier bearing drop bracket.
N-FAB black tx step bars.
XD series 20x10-12 monsters in black wraped in 35x1250 Nitto grapler MT.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turttle For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (01-22-2017)

post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I have always had mixed results with the cold air intake mods.
I had a 2002 4Runner that i modded the stock air box and piping, drop in K&N filter and deck plate mod. Mostly just got louder response and dirtier oil at changes, not much HP or mpg gains.
My 2006 F150 same thing , until I added the headers and exhaust. Then it needed to breathe more, but I did get some HP increase and slight mpg gains.
I am of the opinion that my money is best spent else when engine mods are concerned. Stock air filter on this new truck should work for now.

Black 2017 TRD CREWMAX
Stock ... for now
(Wish list - lift , wheels & tires , headers & exhaust)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Product Reviews > Cold Air Intake Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.