MBRP - Dual Rear Split Catback Exhaust - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MBRP - Dual Rear Split Catback Exhaust

This is the XP series (T409, with lifetime warranty). I paid $550 NIB shipped on eBay (through a best offer). This is the dual split rear exhaust (with the turnouts in behind each rear wheel). To me this is the right look for the Tundra. Duals under the rear bumpers just look a bit off on this truck in my honest opinion.

Installed this setup last night in about 45 minutes. Stock exhaust took 10 minutes to remove.

The MBRP kit was packaged well, and fit finish was great.

Very easy to install. All parts fit well, and required no modifications.

Includes very nice SS band style clamps. Zero leaks from this. Gorgeous polished mufflers. Each side uses its own muffler.

Initial driving impressions (I have about 5 miles on it so far).

Idle: Louder than stock, very deep, nice subtle "gurgle".

City driving: Very deep, nice rumble, you can definitely hear it in the cab, but not enough to drown out the radio or phone coversation. Drones a bit at about 1800rpm.

WOT: WOW, this sounds incredible. One of the coolest V8 exhaust notes I have ever heard. People will turn their heads and look. For sure!

Freeway: Seems very quiet until you accelerate, then you can hear the exhaust note. Little to no drone. Cruise set at 70mph and life was good.

Towing: TBD. Taking the boat out on Saturday so I'll have more to report. I'd expect to hear it more as the engine will be loaded up a bit more under normal driving conditions.

Awesome bang for buck.

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab TRD Off Road
2005 Audi TT 225Q Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM

looks good man... sound clips ????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 5.7 4x4 DC
7" BDS w/ 5125s out back
37" Toyo M/Ts 20" KMC Hoss
NFAB textured bars
Magnaflow Single Out catback
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFBrad_E36 View Post
looks good man... sound clips ????
I can try and post some over the next few days.

I am in LOVE with this system. I averaged over 19mpg on the freeway last Friday at 72mph. Very little to no drone. Even when towing my boat over the weekend (approximately 3500 lbs) it was very quiet on the freeway.

I have gotten several compliments from both people who have heard my drive by and those who have ridden in the truck.

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab TRD Off Road
2005 Audi TT 225Q Coupe

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

Hey Latebreak,

I ordered the same exhaust for my 2010 Platinum, but in 304 stainless. I am in Canada, and MBRP is Canadian, but I still won't have it until the last week of October.

Looking forward to installing this as soon as it arrives. When I get it done, I will try to include a sound clip.

Regards,
Pete.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 PM

jumping in.........i want to hear some sound!

2008 DC 4x4 TRD 5.7

305/55/20 Mickey T. ATZs on Ultra Goliaths
305/65/17 Mickey T. ATZs on OEM Rock Warriors
Grill & handles color matched, BHLM
2.4 Ready-Lift, OEM flares, Lorado tonneau, NFab nerfs
6000K,6000K,3000K HIDs, LED tails & 3rd brake
Tekonsha P3, Firestone airbags & Wireless Air Command w/ onboard air, Gibson Catback
Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD
Kicker KX600.1, RF 450.4
Kicker Resolution comps F & R, Kicker 12'' L7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 PM

welllllll..........were waaaiiiiting

2010 5.7 4x4 DC
7" BDS w/ 5125s out back
37" Toyo M/Ts 20" KMC Hoss
NFAB textured bars
Magnaflow Single Out catback
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM

Like I said in my last post, I won't even get the exhaust system until the last week of October. Then, I will do my best to install and record a sound clip/video and post as soon as possible.

...Pete.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM

Maybe Latebreak has a sound clip by now. Hopefully he can post one sooner than me.

...Pete.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
looks like Amazon also has this as a dual rear exit (rear bumper) style for those of us who prefer the straight out the back look. I put in for a 2010 SR5 dblcab, reg bed and it comes back as fitting. Sweet!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U6LOX8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A2MOBBHRX7CB6B

2010 Tundra Rock Warrior: TRD Rear Sway bar/Pioneer AVIC x920BT Nav/XTreme HID 6500k/Homelink Mirror Mod/White Led-Red Needle gauges mod/V-LED's Everywhere.
Black Tundra Club Member #15

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Got my dual MBRP 304 stainless exhaust!

I just picked it up today on the way home. Was planning on installing tonight, but then I remembered I wanted to do a before and after sound clip.

I unpacked everything and it was packed very well, and everything seemed to be there, but when checking the front two pipes with the flanges, one of them had a small hole in the weld...not very happy about that. Anyway, I have lots of great tig welding equipment (not too much experience yet) and plan to fix this myself rather than sending it back again after waiting for it over a month.

Here is a very short video of the box it came in and the small hole I found in the weld.

SANY0365.mp4 video by hayabusa2 - Photobucket

I'll try to include some videos of the install as well (it may have some swearing, but I will try to control myself)

... Pete.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Thanked 9,777 Times in 5,164 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
u sure your from canada? didnt hear any ehh's... lol, jk, have a lot of family friend from canada, and its a big joke, cause they say we have an accent in michigan lol... esp the yoopers lol

good thing you saw the hole, otherwise you would just have heard a leak and wondered.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 10:38 PM

Well, I finally got the MBRP 304 stainless dual exit exhaust system installed. Had to weld up the small hole I found in one of the two front pipes, but that turned out very nice (Used my Miller Dynasty 200DX with 308L stainless filler rod).

I took some pictures of the entire system laid out on the garage floor (will post tomorrow night with sound clips of before and after).

The install was straight forward. Removing the OEM system took only around 30 minutes. Installing the new dual system took me around 2 & 1/2 hours. One of the front pipe flanges (not the one I welded) needed to have one of the holes ground out a little more to allow the bolt to pass through straight so that it would not cross-thread the bolt. This took me an extra 45 min.

Due to my Bubbles of trailer park boys language, I decided not to post a video of the install... "You Dirty C*ck Sucker!" etc... Shortly after the install I noticed that the neighbour took their kids back into their house out of earshot (now I feel quite bad and I wonder why they are selling their house).

After that, I took it for a short run and checked everything again... I found that I needed to tighten all the clamps again, but this time with an impact wrench to keep them from moving or twisting. Then I took it out for a longer 45 min run. Everything seems secure and their are no leaks.

This system sounds amazing. I will post a sound clip as soon as possible, hopefully tomorrow.

.... Pete
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Looking forward to the sound clips. Your installation issues have me a bit worried though, I have no way to fix poor welds. And don't want the hassle of re-drilling holes!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 12:40 PM

Looking forward to this as well.

Latebreak, do you have anymore pics...maybe from underneath rear? Just wonder how close it is to the rear axle and if it would clear the TRD rear sway bar just fine??

-Kevin
2014 DC black TSS Off Road

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
I'll try to include some videos of the install as well (it may have some swearing, but I will try to control myself)

... Pete.
Any luck with the install yet, would love to see it completed as well as hear it. Let us know. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tjstoyota For This Useful Post:
Willie (03-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Product Reviews > Cat Back/Muffler Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.