Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Rough Country 6" Lift installed.....

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  sc1978 
#1 · (Edited)
So I installed RC6"....took longer than I expected...off course without power tools.....other than that my whole body is sore.....I do have directions from RC...but from the looks of it some steps where missing, but it was a no brainer. product/quality meets my expectation. proper tools where in hand.

Day 1 (12/29/2012

Rear:

Rear was simple but took longer than I expected...the blocks had a slight angle on them...I was trying to figure what faces the front. Then comes to which extension bracket goes where...2 of the 3 hole brackets where no brainer as per direction..but for the abs I used the z bracket and for the top bolt on the differential I used the 2 hole bracket. Thats how it worked out for me. Shocks where installed piston down/ with extension on top.....

Day 2 (12/31/2012

Front:

Started the Front on the a.m, inlaws came we ate lunch then back to work. uninstalling was simple.......installed the rear/front crossmember/differential brackets, so I got done about 8ish cause half of the time I was BSing and drinking with neighbors...

Day 3 (1/1/2013)

Started again in the a.m. started working on the struts. installed new struts with preload installed, put everything back New Knuckles with seal/LCA/Steering Link/struts/hub/rotors/calipers/wheel adapter/new skid plate but had trouble lining it up on the holes........ finished around 4ish.....

Today, my buddy is installing the Cooper Discovery SST 325/60/18 on my 18x9 Mambas...cant wait...also alignment will be this weekend....

pics to come.....

I do want to thank members on this board for the info.....so thank you guys and thank you TundraTalk and TundraSolu....

See less See more
#2 ·
subscribing for pics. Congrats!

Reactions: BigBlueAZ
#3 ·
Same as strick^^ eager to see how it looks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
Looks good, def need those 325's on there, lol!

#6 ·
NICE! When will you be getting that rubber put on?

#9 ·
I also ordered a carrier bearing drop bracket from RC.....halfway through install, come to find out it does not line up....its like 2mm off....its installed the right way.....as per directions....if installed the other way...it would be off big time....so I ended up using my diffferential spacers that I took off from my 3/1 kit....ended up using those....but still seem to have an angle on the shaft...another inch should do....

#11 ·
Congrats, looks really good, all these pics on different lifts make it hard to make a decision.

#12 · (Edited)
Looks really good man. Makes me want my lift even more now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#13 ·
Your rig looks great sc1978! I also have the Rough Country lift on my rig, but I am upgrading to Fox 2.0 coilovers all around to allow for more adjustability up front. I should have the shocks on Saturday, but not sure that I will get to that project. I will be installing the LED DRL set I received this week though, and I am purchasing a Rosen/JL Audio stereo system to upgrade my stereo.

BTW, do you by chance live in New Bristow Village (Bristow, VA)? I used to live there a year ago and the houses in your neighborhood look familiar. If you are up for a M&G in the area, or if you need help with any other projects (I have a compressor and air tools), hit me up.

Anthony

#15 ·
BTW, do you by chance live in New Bristow Village (Bristow, VA)? I used to live there a year ago and the houses in your neighborhood look familiar. If you are up for a M&G in the area, or if you need help with any other projects (I have a compressor and air tools), hit me up.

Anthony[/QUOTE]

Man...I sure needed those airtools....it really sucked without it....Im right off sudley manor (victory lakes comm) by victory elementary...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.