Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Installing now need help!!

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  snod12 
#1 ·
I have taken off the door panels and removed the speakers my question is the plastic that is glued in the doors?? Is this some sort of vapor barrier? An I ok to remove it to add dynamat to the inner panel of the doors?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Yes. Just re-install

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#13 ·
I know you're not asking me, but I have covered close to every square inch of my cabin with Dynamat and closed cell foam. There is a huge difference in road noise afterwards. My DC went from a tin can to what feels like solid steel. The doors close with a solid thud, rain noise is minimal at most on the roof, and overall cabin noise has been cut down drastically. Its a great project and worth every cent.

#14 ·
Just finished up all the deadening and took it for a ride and I notice a pretty significant change in the sound within the cabin. I was a little short on cash so I didn't due the roof and ran out of luxury liner so my doors are just dynamatted. I would definitely recommend this project to anyone who is unhappy with the road noise. Like previously mentioned the doors seem to thud close now and I really think the luxury liner helped alot with noise on the highway and I don't seem to notice as much exhaust drone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.