Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Just Replaced OEM '10 Radio with '12 Navigation Unit

128K views 283 replies 67 participants last post by  Brettski15 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Tundra DoubleCab that my father gave me when he passed. So, I definitely am keeping this truck and I don't really want to do too many mods to it. It has the 5.7L V8 and he already had a Magnaflow catback installed. So that is definitely a plus IMO.

Anyway, the OEM unit that was in this was low level to say the least. I have aftermarket equipment in all of my vehicles but I want to try a factory look this time.

So, I bought a 2012 Toyota OEM Navigation system and it is simply plug and play. Steering wheel controls, Aux input, Navigation... everything works.

BTW, I am thinking of getting 2 Sundown Audio SD210's in a ported box for under the seat and a Sundown amp as well.

In the meantime here are a few pics of the installation. I may add a video in the future. I have to get use to the controls but all in all I really like it.

See less See more
#81 ·
I just ordered the JBL navi from another member, but I was wondering if you guys had a pdf or instructions on how to take out the original stereo?

I have been looking and cannot seem to find anything on it. I have the bucket seats up front, and the only one I found was with the bench seating up front.

Thanks everyone! (not meaning to jack this thread :))

#82 ·
So if I converted from jbl to jbl navigation what harness do I need?

#84 ·
I believe if its jbl to jbl nav its all plug and play. But u might need the k6 adapter for turn by turn directions. Can anyone else chime in.
Its already plugged in. My bluetooth phone and back up camera does not work. Im confused on what harness I need to get it all functional.

#92 ·
I'm in the same boat, my Bluetooth does not work, there is one white harness that does not fit

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#94 ·
Bly, try looking in a folder in your email acct on your phone or computer called bulk mail or a spam file. I have yahoo and sometimes I get mail in a file called bulk mail when I expect it in my regular emailif its not there send me your email and I will email it to him. I know if you go to pay pal his email address is his pay pal acct name if that helps.

#96 ·
Can anyone please tell me the bluetooth mic part number or direct me to a site to order it so I can add it to my new 2012 navigation unit. I ordered my K6 plug, so I'd like to do everything at once to save some hassle. I have an 07 DC SR5 model, has anyone succesfully put the 2012 in and have it operating correctly if so please send me an email or something or pics of the wires and so on. It would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

#97 ·
Just got done with the k6 install and sub install. I got the speed signal like everyone else from #3 on the k3 plug white wire. I got the reverse input like some stated in earlier post from the gray connector behind the radio. I confirmed with a test light was good. I now have turn by turn and voice guidance also my reminder milage works too. Here is a pic of the gray connector it was the bottom row 3 from the left mine was a solid red wire
[/IMG]
Also installed the supplied USB/aux and everything works there too. Thank you for everyone's input on this install.

#104 ·
I have been doing a little bit of research on this unit and it appears to me that the non-JBL ENTUNE unit for the Tundra IS NOT XM/SIRIUS compatible.

Check out this page Multimedia and Navigation

It shows the three different entune options available from Toyota. The top 2 list satellite as an option, but the bottom unit (same unit that has been going around) does not list sat as an option. Has anyone been able to successfully run SAT radio on this HU?

#105 ·
2012 tundra navigation unit

I have the non jbl 2012 nav unit, can anyone please tell me the part number or something of where I can get the microphone for this unit so I can use the bluetooth/phone option. I've been searching everywhere and can't find the mic. Also does anyone know of a bypass so passenger can set the nav directions.
Thanks in advance,
Dave.

#106 ·
I finally got the K6 ordered, Used the wifes email account and he answered?

I have the non jbl 2012 nav unit, can anyone please tell me the part number or something of where I can get the microphone for this unit so I can use the bluetooth/phone option. I've been searching everywhere and can't find the mic. Also does anyone know of a bypass so passenger can set the nav directions.
Thanks in advance,
Dave.
X2 Where or how can I get the bluetooth working if I think there is not even a plug up there for a Mic. I took the bezel down and only saw the rear camera plug?

#108 ·
Where did you get the USB cable from???

#109 ·
Lost in the middle of OEM JBL Nav install

I am in the middle of the install. I did a lot of reading, downloaded the Preimun Audo (JBL) Nav install guide and Sat unit install guide. Purchase the connectors needed, so I though. I am almost done and ran into this problem. I am changing over from a 2011 with JBL 6 Disk w/ BT to a 2012 JBL Nav Unit. The instuctions from the fourm showed I need to move pins 1,2 and 7 from K9 to the new Mic Connector. My truck does not have the K9 connector. Anyone know were I can take the MIC from, this must have been a 2010 change.

#113 ·
Just an quick update on the K6 plug and getting in touch with tahirmallick@hotmail. com. Through the assistance of BigDzee and some eBay searching I was able to get in touch with him and send the $15 payment through paypal. It appears that particular email addresses get sent directly to his SPAM folder; therefore, Tahir is never receiving the emails. He indeed wants all of our business and is not ignoring anyone.

If you have in the past attempted to contact him and are still having issues you can do the following:

1. Try sending from a different e-mail address if possible (i used a different gmail address and he received it)

2. Login into eBay (if possible). To the right of the search button at the top of the screen is the advanced option (click it). On the left search for items BY SELLER. Tahir uses the seller ID toyolexnavspec. This name should bring up his items. View his profile and send him a message via eBay.

I hope this helps! Thanks again BigDzee!

#114 · (Edited)
I had my wife send from her Ipad and it went right through

Her email account also. I have the turn x turn working and its all good

Can anyone help with the Bluetooth? I took the overhead down and only see an empty plug that I believe is the rear camera plug ? No mic up there but a nice place to put one. Its a 2010. quad cab. The blue tooth is my next goal with this 330 dollar so far great Nav HU with turn X turn. I am hoping to get the bluetooth working on the thrift.

#115 ·
bluetooth mic!!!

OK for the Bluetooth mic, I kept searching and found no info so going with nothing I asked tahir that had the k6 plugs. He in fact can make you the Bluetooth mic/adapter just ask him to make it extra long so you can run it up the a pillar to put it up top in the overhead console. I just put it under the lip of the dash. Its small so it looks decent and am not worried about it.it ran 125.00 and was very clear when calling out and I heard everything from the speakers. Hope this helps everyone out. My only this is I can't seem to get my rear back up working on my 2012 non jbl nav unit, it works on the mirror but not the nav unit. I tapped the blue wire in the right kick panel and ran it to the unit but nothing. Any info would help me greatly.
Dave.

#116 ·
I had my local shop today install the k6 connector because I have zero wiring experience...i gave them instructions from the forum and which wires to tap...they got the speed senor from behind the dash and the reverse wire from the passenger side kick panel...the turn by turn now works but I have a bunch of lights on on my dash...the 4lo is blinking and the trac off and engine light is on. Did this happen to anyone else during there install if so any help to solve this is appreciated. The truck drives fine, no loss of power or anything like that. Thanks in advance.

#118 ·
The installer should not have been behind the dash, I got my speed sensor wire from actually behind the radio close to the k6 plug. I would go back to the installer have him remove whatever he did and make the wires right. The speed sensor can beat app from behind the radio.

#120 ·
Sorry I meant to say behind the radio...I am taking it back in tomorrow, what should I tell them to look for??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.