Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

AC blowing warm while idling

15K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Radial GT 
#1 ·
Hi all!

My Tundra just recently started blowing warm/outside temp air while idling. When driving, the AC blows ice cold. I've checked the pressure and everything is within range. Any suggestions? I've seen everything from cleaning the compressor to the clutch fan going out.

2010 Tundra

#5 ·
When mine blows warm at idle it's always low on Freon. I just put a can of AC Pro in it, I've been doing that every summer for the past 3 years. If you happen to over fill it the compressor will stop working and all you need to do is bleed some Freon off.

#8 ·
The condenser may be incorporated with the radiator. There was a design change in the earlier years.

Follow the A/C pump hoses to the radiator/ condenser to see if you have the combination type( expensive) condenser/radiator.

If you have the conventional type of condensor(<$100),then look for oil stains on the fins. This will tell you if you have a leak.

Report back.

Reactions: Speck2190
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.