Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

spray in or bed rug

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Silver6gen 
#1 ·
I just ordered an ARE Z series for my 2014 Tundra Crew max and I am having trouble deciding between Bed Rug or Spray in bed liner. Any thoughts? Thank's for your input.

#4 ·
I have the bed rug and wish I had a spray liner. The slightest bit of moisture causes the bed rug to have a mildew smell. I've tried everything and the smell won't go away. Only thing that seems to help is throwing 4 boxes of the arm and hammer fridge/freezer boxes in there. I'm about to get a 2014 and will either keep the factory liner or go line X with another Leer 700 or something from ARE.

Post some pics if you could please of your truck with the ARE Z. Thanks!

#7 ·
I have both haha.

I had the bed mat, then got line x, then decided why throw away bed mat so I put it on top of the line x. if you are loading stuff that you don't want to scratch the bed mat is great for that.

Reactions: cbedgar
#8 ·
I have a Leer cap, with spray in liner, and bed rug on top. I've. Only had the rug for a few weeks but love it so far. It makes getting in and out of the bed super easy and comfortable. Also really protects stuff. If it did not have the cap, I doubt I would have the bed rug. But I think it's a must have with a cap for me.

#9 ·
What ^he^ said.

#10 ·
I had one and took it out and got mine lined. I did not like it at all but I didn't have a cap and could not keep it clean... If you are going to get a cap, go for it. I think it would look great. Anything else, I would say it's a no go.

#12 ·
I had a bed rug for two weeks, liked the comfort of it but after I installed a chrome diamond plated crossover box I noticed the sun reflecting off the box and melting the bed rug. The thing is ruined, luckily the dealer is taking responsibility and will spray the bed at no cost to me.

I'd say it would be better suited for covered application, either topper or cover over the bed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.