Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014 Speaker Sizes & Locations

10K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  OGJordan 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I don't have the JBL system in mine, but my system sucks too. I think my smartphone sounds better.

#12 ·
Same here! I just traded my FJ in (with the FJammer), and boy oh boy. The FJammer blows the stock Tundra system out of the water. And to think some of the folks on the FJ forum were actually complaining about the FJammer, haha.

#9 ·
I hope toyota reads into these forums because i may decide on a different truck brand due to the shitty speakers! Spend 60 000 on a truck and my sisters 2014 corrolla for 24 000 sounds better. Really dissapointed

#10 ·
Yep I went to the web site and got a pop up survey from JBL. I let them know what I thought about it and it was not good.

Having gone through every gyration in the book to get my JBL/Entune system working, I think I have learned more about it than any JBL/Toyota Engineer knows; at least from a lack of quality stand point.

One of things I have learned is that there have been dozens of subtle changes to the system this first year. I am just a month away from having a one year old truck. I can say the ones coming out of the factory now are “noticeably better” than the ones coming out a year ago. Still this system design needs a complete makeover by people that know what they are doing.

Hopefully Toyota will get the message and start making the JBL/Entune/Infotainment system the way it should have been to begin with.

As others have said the JBL Entune sucks in the 2014 Tundra when compared to other JBL systems in other Toyota’s. It is not even in the same ball park.

#11 ·
I don't have the JBL system, but my bass was barely there. Just had Alpine speakers put in in the front and back, an amp, and two Kicker shallow mount subwoofers in a box behind the back seat. They put a subwoofer adjustment knob down by my right knee. The sound is great and can go much louder than I really need.

#14 ·
Lol @ someone saying if you WANT highs and lows, use Bose. That's like the opposite of the mantra for higher end aaudiophiles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.